• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Tech Please.

tintwizz

I would be more than willing to pay for someones phone time to talk to me about a roland vp 540. I changed the dampners and now I only have partial Magenta and Cyan a few lines of Black and no Yellow on my test print.If you can help me solve this I dont mind paying for consult on the phone. If interested PLEASE CALL Chris 813-714-5395 Thanks.

anozira02

After changing dampers you must pull some ink into the dampers by a syringe, remove waste bottle and start pulling some ink very slow until you see some ink in the syringe,, do this to all the waste lines. After that put the heads through a cpl. of cleaning cycles,, the dampers should be about half way full with ink..

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
After changing dampers you must pull some ink into the dampers by a syringe, remove waste bottle and start pulling some ink very slow until you see some ink in the syringe,, do this to all the waste lines. After that put the heads through a cpl. of cleaning cycles,, the dampers should be about half way full with ink..

+1

Get the pressure outta the dampers. The membrane should look like there's negative pressure in the damper.
Don't forget the paper towels :)

FrankW

Best way is to pull ink trough damper AND head is to connect the syringe to the tube of the cap top. Use a syringe directly at the damper won't fill the head, and the damper could get damaged. And pulling at the cap top could help discovering problems with the caps, what could be a cause too why a printer doesn't fill after a damper replacement.

PrintWorkz

I'm also in the same boat! I'm willing to pay for someone to come out and do a head soak on my SC-540.. I'm located in CT.. Please call me 203-506-6234.. P.S. sorry for the thread jack

Thanks

anozira02

You have ink starvation,, check to see if the dampers have ink in them, at least half full, also check to see if your capping station is draining properly. In most cases the waste lines are clogged and it's not pulling ink through the heads,, disconnect the waste tube from the capping station and push some cleaning fluid through the waste line with a syringe, if the lines are open and still having problems run head cleaning a few times. If still having problems look to see if the pump working ok by doing a pump test, also could be print heads not firing properly..

Robert M

Tech support

Shoot me a pm and i will send you the tech manual, mention what printer you have in the pm