Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland True Vis VG2-640

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Sign Wonder, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Sign Wonder

Sign Wonder New Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Johannesburg
    Hi Everyone, I am in the market for a new printer. At the moment we have a Roland VP 540 which is over 15 years old. Do you guys have any comments or suggestions as we are interested in the True Vis VG2 640? We do mostly vehicle branding and bike sticker kits. TIA

Tags:
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. CanuckSigns

CanuckSigns Very Active Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Ontario
    Do a search on this forum, this topic comes up at least once a day. In short, the new Rolands are nowhere near the machines they once were.

3. Zach Starr

Zach Starr Head of Printing Operations

Nov 9, 2018
    Santa Ana, CA
    Roland True Vis uses Ricoh Heads which are bit problematic not as stable as the Epson Heads they used before... If you looking to improve your business check out Stratojet Hawk EcoClean, its the most cost productive printer out there, with much better ink system than the Truvis. They did a buyback with me when i had issue with the Roland VG2-540.

4. Yaser

Yaser New Member

May 15, 2020
    Dallas, TX
    I've been using my VG2-540 for a few months now, been running solid! Small issues here and there, but that's expected. Loving the colors (moving from a Latex)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Karen Souza

Karen Souza Member

Aug 22, 2004
    Massachusetts
    Moved from a RolandVS540 to an Epson S80600 The colors are way better than my Roland, prints like a champ......The Truevis was too problematic for my liking. Look into an Epson!

• Like Like x 1
  6. StratoJet

StratoJet Merchant Member

Aug 31, 2020
    USA
    Hi All,

The Hawk Clean Print is an awesome option based on a very low cost bulk ink system (0.09$ a sq/ft 100% coverage; photo).
    The Hawk used a Synthetic Water based ink with 0% solvents (unlike Eco-Solvent or Latex) and are more flexible, stable and can print on any roll media designed for any ink system.
    Because the catalyst is water and not solvents that carry the pigments to the media, the inks stay hydrated, brighter pigments/colors and more playable (best system for vehicle wraps).
    The print heads are a Nano tech with 2400 (2.6 pic/lt) and do not require 24/7 auto purging nor cartridges.
    We are offering a trade-in program for old printers starting now through Q4.

https://stratojetusa.com/hawk-72

I’m more then happy to speak to you (or anyone) about our cutting edge printers.

Dan Schaefer
    Dan@StratoJet.com
    https://StratoJetUSA.com

7. Jim Hancock

Jim Hancock Member

Nov 11, 2008
    Delray Beach, Florida
    What is the tested outdoor durability of this ink compared to the current solvent & ecosolvent inks?

8. StratoJet

Aug 31, 2020
    USA
    Hi Jim,

We guarantee 2 year outdoor durability on most all substrates and 8-10 years with UV lam (+/- 1yr depending on Lamination manufacturer).

9. NamPhantasm

NamPhantasm New Member

Jul 14, 2010
    NC
    How much does one of these machine sells for? Do you have any videos on YouTube on the StratoJet Hawk 72?

10. StratoJet

Aug 31, 2020
    USA
    Here's the Hawk page with a video:
    https://stratojetusa.com/hawk-72

Also, the price will vary if you want a 1 or 2 head setup...