• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland TrueVIS SG-300 Grainy Prints

I don't know the law out there but even in a shitty country like mine you can return any machine for 14 days without any explanation and they need to take it back for no cost, and this is exactly what they did. Don't be faint hatred it's a lot of money for them too and they're in the business long enough to know how to discourage returns. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS mate, don't let screw yourself up, the only cost you need to have is the return fee, but they'll probably wanna pick it up themselves believe me.

93Works

I don't know the law out there but even in a shitty country like mine you can return any machine for 14 days without any explanation and they need to take it back for no cost, and this is exactly what they did. Don't be faint hatred it's a lot of money for them too and they're in the business long enough to know how to discourage returns. KNOW YOUR RIGHTS mate, don't let screw yourself up, the only cost you need to have is the return fee, but they'll probably wanna pick it up themselves believe me.
I believe the sellers can make their own rules here in California, I'm not too sure. But I haven't had any techs try and fix it yet, so returning it is a last resort. I'm hoping its quick and easy fix because I have a lot of projects on stand by and that's no good since I have a fast turnaround. I printed a different test page and will upload it in a bit. Thanks everyone for the help I appreciate it very much.

player

I believe the sellers can make their own rules here in California, I'm not too sure. But I haven't had any techs try and fix it yet, so returning it is a last resort. I'm hoping its quick and easy fix because I have a lot of projects on stand by and that's no good since I have a fast turnaround. I printed a different test page and will upload it in a bit. Thanks everyone for the help I appreciate it very much.
Farm out your prints until you get thing settled.

player

Also let them know this is do or die for them. Tell them if they send their tech in and it is not 100% working as it should, he can take the printer back with him and leave the check for your refund. Send them a notice in writing and put "time is of the essence" with the date they send the tech back. That is a legal term that means something to a court.

93Works

Also let them know this is do or die for them. Tell them if they send their tech in and it is not 100% working as it should, he can take the printer back with him and leave the check for your refund. Send them a notice in writing and put "time is of the essence" with the date they send the tech back. That is a legal term that means something to a court.
I mean time is of the essence, of course, because I'm having to reject all new jobs. But I doubt that matters to them since they have more/bigger clients out there you get me? I'll be calling Roland today as soon as they open. I couldn't find a tech support phone number for them so I'm guessing they're going to refer me to a new dealer/technician.

player

I mean time is of the essence, of course, because I'm having to reject all new jobs. But I doubt that matters to them since they have more/bigger clients out there you get me? I'll be calling Roland today as soon as they open. I couldn't find a tech support phone number for them so I'm guessing they're going to refer me to a new dealer/technician.
You're playing their game. Good luck.

93Works

Already not impressed by their technical support, I've been automatically sent to their voicemail 3 times after waiting 6 minutes each time. I'll be contacting individual techs instead.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide

In the USA they are called lemon laws. Most states have a version of this law. Basically, if you buy a machine and it doesn't work as promised, the manufacturer has to replace it or refund your money. There are limitations of course but they are usually easy to enforce. That being said, you are also required to give the manufacturer a chance to make things right before taking any legal action. In the end, you catch more bees with honey than vinegar. Even though you are in the right and have a good reason to be upset, the best policy is to always be respectful and courteous but also don't back down. They are much more likely work with you in a quick manner when you state your case calmly and confidently rather than in a fit of rage.

jriley

In the end, you catch more bees with honey than vinegar. Even though you are in the right and have a good reason to be upset, the best policy is to always be respectful and courteous but also don't back down. They are much more likely work with you in a quick manner when you state your case calmly and confidently rather than in a fit of rage.

Wisdom.

93Works

I got in contact with a dealer, unfortunately their technician is out for the week doing other jobs, but one of the employees is relaying messages to him for me and they're trying to help me out. I'll see what else can be done tomorrow because 4 days of downtime is already bad enough, I can't imagine 7 more.

player

I got in contact with a dealer, unfortunately their technician is out for the week doing other jobs, but one of the employees is relaying messages to him for me and they're trying to help me out. I'll see what else can be done tomorrow because 4 days of downtime is already bad enough, I can't imagine 7 more.
I said it before, but you should find a printer to help you out while you get this straightened around. Otherwise you risk making a bad decision.

93Works

I said it before, but you should find a printer to help you out while you get this straightened around. Otherwise you risk making a bad decision.
Unfortunately my prices and minimums compared to others differ greatly, so that's not something I'd be able to do.

Update - The tech that was helping me seems to have lost interest and stopped replying. I'll be contacting another one tomorrow.

Update 2 - Contacted another technician and was told they only deal with companies that have accounts with them, this is the 2nd company to tell me this. I don't know what to do at this point.

Update 3 - I contacted Roland and a very helpful employee helped me out. He confirmed that the printer does need to be re-calibrated but I had to update my software and firmware first. Turns out that the technician who set up the printer didn't update the firmware like he had said. Everything is now up to date and I'll be contacting Roland tomorrow to set up a tech appointment.

Last edited:
Hello Nine,

We are glad that you were able to reach out to a Roland tech. If you are continuing to need assistance please reach out again and we will always continue to help.

Thank you,

Roland Technical Support.

93Works

Update - Yesterday I received a call from a manager and a technician trying to help me out, a couple of messages were sent back and forth, but haven't received any messages today. I'm pretty sure Roland was going to send an urgent request to my dealer so they could send a technician in today but that didn't happen. So I am now more or less at 2 week downtime, I've missed probably my biggest sales day of the year, and by the looks of it will miss more business days. At this point I'm just pretending the printer isn't there as it's just wasting too much of my time, causing me to lose money, trying to get it fixed. I also plan on never buying equipment from my current dealer ever again due to the fact that I've always had problems with the machines I buy from them and delayed delivery of another piece of equipment I bought. I might update this again, if not, thanks to everyone who gave me info on what was wrong with the machine, I would've never figured it out as a newbie to digital printing!

player

Update - Yesterday I received a call from a manager and a technician trying to help me out, a couple of messages were sent back and forth, but haven't received any messages today. I'm pretty sure Roland was going to send an urgent request to my dealer so they could send a technician in today but that didn't happen. So I am now more or less at 2 week downtime, I've missed probably my biggest sales day of the year, and by the looks of it will miss more business days. At this point I'm just pretending the printer isn't there as it's just wasting too much of my time, causing me to lose money, trying to get it fixed. I also plan on never buying equipment from my current dealer ever again due to the fact that I've always had problems with the machines I buy from them and delayed delivery of another piece of equipment I bought. I might update this again, if not, thanks to everyone who gave me info on what was wrong with the machine, I would've never figured it out as a newbie to digital printing!
Come on you have to let us know how it plays out. Good luck.

93Works

Update, turns out the service level calibrations were never done for my machine, they're done now. Same problem now with banding and little bit of black over spray. I had my ticket escalated Friday, I was supposed to receive a call within 4 hours and never received anything once again. I am now completely out of patience I've jumped through enough hoops, have lost enough money, and time - I've been nothing but respectful and patient. On Monday I'll be letting Roland know that this is the last week they have to get this situated or I'll be requesting that they buy back the machine.

By the way, here's the latest test print they had me print out.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20181006_152243.jpg
    thumbnail_20181006_152243.jpg
    275 KB · Views: 355
  • thumbnail_20181006_152300.jpg
    thumbnail_20181006_152300.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 361
  • thumbnail_20181006_152336.jpg
    thumbnail_20181006_152336.jpg
    201.6 KB · Views: 358
  • thumbnail_20181006_152358.jpg
    thumbnail_20181006_152358.jpg
    381.3 KB · Views: 334
  • thumbnail_20181006_152420.jpg
    thumbnail_20181006_152420.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 349
Last edited:

93Works

Update: Called them today and let them know I never got a call back. The rep told me that 4 hours was an inaccurate estimate and it was actually up to 2 days instead, but today is day 3. He said he needed to speak to the rep that escalated my ticket to figure out who it was escalated to but he was at lunch and would call me back after, this was about 4 hours ago and no call back yet again!! I found a tech that's hopefully willing to check out the machine and write down exactly what's wrong with it, after he finishes figuring it out I'll be forwarding the info to Roland and having them take the machine and refund my money - none of this is okay.

player

Update, turns out the service level calibrations were never done for my machine, they're done now. Same problem now with banding and little bit of black over spray. I had my ticket escalated Friday, I was supposed to receive a call within 4 hours and never received anything once again. I am now completely out of patience I've jumped through enough hoops, have lost enough money, and time - I've been nothing but respectful and patient. On Monday I'll be letting Roland know that this is the last week they have to get this situated or I'll be requesting that they buy back the machine.

By the way, here's the latest test print they had me print out.
You sir are very patient. I have been through the same hoops and now know what not to do.

Update: Called them today and let them know I never got a call back. The rep told me that 4 hours was an inaccurate estimate and it was actually up to 2 days instead, but today is day 3. He said he needed to speak to the rep that escalated my ticket to figure out who it was escalated to but he was at lunch and would call me back after, this was about 4 hours ago and no call back yet again!! I found a tech that's hopefully willing to check out the machine and write down exactly what's wrong with it, after he finishes figuring it out I'll be forwarding the info to Roland and having them take the machine and refund my money - none of this is okay.

Hello Nine3,

I want to thank you for taking our call yesterday. You spoke with our Technical Support Manager and have his direct extension. Roland also have received word from your selling dealer. Your selling dealer mentioned that you ran Roland media with profiles and were able to get a good output. Roland want to make sure that you are up and running. Please give us a call using our Technical Support Managers direct extension to provide us with your updates. I cannot express my deepest apologize for the issues you have been having and want to continue to thank you for your patience in this manner. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA CORP

Ridgeracer24

The thing is that it would be a very big loss, at least to me. I'd have to pay a 10% restocking fee, take the loss on the install fees, and pay to have the machine shipped back. Plus whatever jobs lost and down time I have to deal with. I'll will seriously look into it though, if the technician can't fix it 100% on the first try. Also, I only plan on having this machine for about 10 months before I upgrade to a 54 inch printer.

Ah okay, yeah I do the manual cleaning about 3-4 days apart since I'm printing a bunch.
I wouldn't pay anything and demand they take their defective printer back. I just went through 2 months of fighting with Roland over their GR-640 cutter. After getting no answer for that long the dealer is finally taking my equipment back and Roland is sending me a new printer/cutter combo machine instead of the separate printer and cutter I had purchased. I don't know who Roland hired to be head of innovative technology over their but Roland is falling backwards fast with some of the new machines they've released. I was gonna buy a Mutoh if they didn't offer me a printer/cutter worth more than what my original package purchase was for. Don't let the dealer get away with it they will push you along until your warranty runs out if you let them and then your stuck with it.