• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Truevis VG2-640 - Banding issues

Zoogee World

Domed Promotional Product Supplier
Besides: It seems easy to replace the head including cap and damper your self?
I looked at a YouTube video which seems relatively easy....
Any thoughts?
Don't buy it from Digiprint. You'll get more headaches then it's worth. They might be cheaper looking upfront, but if anything happens, you're on your own. Better to buy OEM from your local dealer for these machines. Yes, they are more expensive, but are better quality.

If you feel comfortable to do it yourself, and are handy, I'd say, yes, do it yourself, as long as you're able to unlock the service Menu. I know there are unlocked peck tools floating around you can get to access.

The Sign Goddess

Vinyl Slayer by trade
I went through this. Replace your cyan head. My tech told me that cyan is the pickiest with these heads and even the slightest nozzle deflection will cause banding.

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
I've been having the same issue but with the lt. Cyan. I had the head change and there was no difference. Id be interested to hear if it worked for you.

cornholio

You need to be able to get into service mode in order to enter the head rank and to adjust horizontal and media gap(formerly bidi).
Otherwise it's easy, if you know what you do...(like most things)

Joe House

Sign Equipment Technician
What's the humidity in your shop? I see a fair amount of overspray on the edges of the cyan print. This always tells me that static may be a culprit. You should be in the range of 40 - 60%. The closer to 50% the better.
The missing nozzle in light cyan probably isn't coming into play on that dark blue panel, so I'd want to eliminate other variables before spending $1000 on print head of its not the cause of the problem.
Good luck

LarryB

I've been having the same issue but with the lt. Cyan. I had the head change and there was no difference. Id be interested to hear if it worked for you.
I had the same issue with my VG2 when it was under warranty. They replaced the head along with all of the lines and many other parts. I still have issues especially with long prints of solid blue backgrounds,

I bought a VG3 and use that for most of my prints now. The VG2 is used for simple prints with no floods.

Billings Sign Pro

Sign Company
I had the same issue with my VG2 when it was under warranty. They replaced the head along with all of the lines and many other parts. I still have issues especially with long prints of solid blue backgrounds,

I bought a VG3 and use that for most of my prints now. The VG2 is used for simple prints with no floods.
Both my printers are VG2s. We have the same issue with solid Blue color. Doesn't matter if it is text or solid backgrounds Whenever I brought it up with my technician he never had the answers. Told me every time "Check the humidity, clean the encoder strip, make sure there is no dirt on the head." He even made sure that the M Gap was properly aligned. We have always had the problem with the VG2-640 but I never noticed it on the 540.