Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Opinion Roland TrueVis Vg2 series VS Mimaki CJV 150 series

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Print & Cut Systems' started by Jenssen, Oct 20, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Jenssen

Jenssen New Member

Oct 16, 2020
    Norway
    Hi, due too little space I need/want Print and Cut in one unit.. for sign and stickers print.. Im looking at Roland TrueVis VG2 or Mimaki JVC 150 series...(or is there any other brand out there?) Does someone have pros / cons on these -Thank you -

Tags:
  2. Yeahgor

Yeahgor Born to be The Designer.

Sep 18, 2020
    San Diego, CA
    Do you compare the prices and operation speed or quality and sqft cost?

3. victor bogdanov

victor bogdanov Member

Aug 29, 2020
    TEXAS
    I got a new Roland SG2 about a month ago, so far working great and the colors blow my old Roland VS away. It has only been a month for me and 1 set of inks but so far 0 issues, a bit faster than my old printer and colors are WAY better. I went with roland since I already had one and did not want to learn anything new. Don't know much about the mimaki although I did consider it also.

• Like Like x 1
  4. stxrmxn

stxrmxn Member

Jan 24, 2014
    Brisbane
    Not a very technical answer here but i have used both and from an operators point of view only it would be Roland for me. Easier to use for yourself and staff. Again, not sure on running costs and small technical nuances but at the end of the day they put ink on vinyl and cut said vinyl out. A few cents here and there (and maybe Mimaki is more expensive) is nothing compared to ease of use.

• Like Like x 1
  5. iPrintStuff

iPrintStuff Prints stuff

Sep 3, 2018
    United Kingdom
    I have an old mimaki. The CJV series has always been pretty sturdy, never had any issues with cutting and I’ve easily print/cut 600,000 square feet of vinyl through that thing. It’s a tank.

That being said, I HATE rasterlink. It’s a very limited rip software that only really supports mimaki equipment. There are plugins etc for illy but that just adds to your work.

Homestly, both machines probably aren’t too different so you probably can’t go wrong either way. Likely just worth seeing which one you can get better service/tech support on. No point saving 2k on the printer if you lose that in engineer costs the first time the thing breaks.

6. Jenssen

Jenssen New Member

Oct 16, 2020
    Norway
    Quality, print quality and user friendly hardware and software.. not so mush speed and sqft cost

7. Jenssen

Jenssen New Member

Oct 16, 2020
    Norway
    Thank you for the reply! - I am new with both brands and solvent ink..

8. Jenssen

Jenssen New Member

Oct 16, 2020
    Norway
    -Thank you for your opinion - Ease of use score high on my list .

9. balstestrat

balstestrat Member

Aug 25, 2020
    Europe
    Thinking of these it would ring Roland in my mind.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jenssen

Jenssen New Member

Oct 16, 2020
    Norway

-Thank you for the reply! .. Im in a small town with no tec, so they have to fly in for service on both brands..