• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Roland TruVis 2 Inks

Would you like Orange ink in your SG or VG?

• Yes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Jlcaudle

I'm running a Roland VG 540 with CMYKcmk ink setup. My compliant is buying the extra Magenta ink cartridge that does nothing more than go thru the system and into the ink catch can It is not ever used for printing. I could have installed white ink but after discussing this option with many I decided not to go with the White ink as I don't think I would ever use this enough to prevent problems. Now with the new TruVis 2 inks coming out my first thoughts were "Orange" would be awesome to add to my setup. I was then informed that as it stands that most likely would not happen.

Here's where the discussion starts. How many of you using TruVis inks are planning to switch over to the TruVis 2 inks and would you want Orange in your setup?

CanuckSigns

Can the original tru vis machines be made to use the new ink? I wouldn't think so but maybe I'm wrong.

I currently run an Epson s80600 with orange and red ink and it makes a huge difference in your colour gamut, with my old Roland machines, I used to have to fight with them to print a nice red and oranges always looked horrible, now they print beautifully first time, with no tweeking or messing around with colour correction.

Jlcaudle

The SG / VG may be able to use orange ink with a possible firmware update. Nothing is etched in stone. Personally I’d jump on the opportunity

Jlcaudle

Can the original tru vis machines be made to use the new ink? I wouldn't think so but maybe I'm wrong.

I currently run an Epson s80600 with orange and red ink and it makes a huge difference in your colour gamut, with my old Roland machines, I used to have to fight with them to print a nice red and oranges always looked horrible, now they print beautifully first time, with no tweeking or messing around with colour correction.
Later this year Roland will offer TruVis 2 inks for the original SG and VG TruVis Printers. As for now we are just awaiting the release but I hear good things on how the upgrade will happen.