• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland TruVis VG3-540 Printing Darker Colors

trafficbarriersolutions

TRAFFIC & BARRIER SOLUTIONS, LLC
Hi,
I recently got a Roland VG3 Printer. I am using to print signage off of reflective vinyls and print decals. Every time I use Flexi's Rip and Print to print, it will print darker colors than intended. I have VersaWorks install on my computer and it prints more accurately just a little lighter than the color it was sent to the Queue A category on VersaWorks. Is there a way to get FlexiSign to print the correct colors on my Roland Printer. If not, could VersaWorks print the correct colors going to change something in the color settings?

On the left is the image that the color was intended to print on FlexiSign. Right is what color the printer printed.
Go Signs.jpg
IMG_1205.jpg

Joe House

First off, you'll never get the green that shows up on my screen to print off of a CMYK printer. So proper expectations need to be set.
Second, you're opening up Pandora's box of color management here - we can't fully answer this question in this forum. Roland Versaworks has a lot of profiles for their printers available on RolandProfileCenter.com. You'll probably find something that's acceptable on there.
Flexi will allow you to get there, but there aren't as many profiles available, so you'll likely have to create your own. Fortunately, Flexi has the software built into it, unfortunately, you need 1. to get a spectrophotometer and 2. learn how to properly create ICC profiles. Find someone to teach you for that last one, it's worth the money spent.

Good Luck

IndySignPro

Did you use a spot color? The image on the screen could be pink, but if there is a named spot color that corresponds with a preset in the printer, it's going to produce the preset color. Other issue, if the original image was an RGB, the rip software is going to convert it to some form of CMYK. I know that intense green does not really exist in the CMYK World. I have the VG3-640 with the green ink option, and I couldn't hit that bright green if I wanted to from a color swatch/CMYK/RGB option.