• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Uv printer - cover open error

Helpellie

We have had problems with the encoder strip and had to have replaced. 2 months later...Now throwing a scan motor error. The machine is also saying the cover is open (it’s not) and we can’t print. Has anyone experienced anything similar? We are being told that the cover open has been know to cause the printer to throw the scan motor error. This printer is only 2 years old and has only had light to medium use. Of course this happens a month out of our warranty and right before holiday shopping. Tech Service has been terrible and I’d appreciate any suggestions.

The printer still prints beautiful... when it prints.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Look at the sensor that the cover touches. Without knowing better it probably has a little tab in the corner of the cover.
The sensor is usually somehow adjustable so move it so that it activates properly when you close the cover.

Jay Grooms

Printing, Printing, Printing......
If you're out of warranty, just defeat the switch. Super easy to do. I have a LEJ-640 I did it to.

Of course, if you defeat the switch and people aren't going to use their brains, stick their hand in the machine and lose a finger ..... Don't point at me.

LOL.

Can't help with the scan error.... .haven't had that one yet.

Helpellie

Now I can’t print and the carriage gets stuck on the left and I get scan motor error 0040. Anyone have this issue?