• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland UV vs Mimaki UV vs HP 700w maintenance +white opacity

artofacks1

Hello,

I currently own an HP Latex 700w and quite frankly its been a nightmare.

Could someone that own Mimaki and /or Roland UV please share their experience with printing white on clear. What is the maintence like and the speed when printing white.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Why don't you share about your problems? I mean it's free. Some can be even figured out, some might need HP for it.

artofacks1

Why don't you share about your problems? I mean it's free. Some can be even figured out, some might need HP for it.
1. There is a white ink leak that Hp sent a tech 6 times and they changed out parts per HP head quarters instructions. See this is the hp way they just guess and throw parts at problems.
2. HP is already making an exchange since they couldn’t fix the problem.
3. It has had a lot of other problems but bit by bit they been fixing them. To many to list but it’s sad that a 3 month old machine has to have so many things changed.
4. Every time I install the white heads it uses about 8 to 10% of the maintenance cartridge. Them things are expensive.
5. Because of the white ink spillage it’s been eating white ink like crazy. Hopefully this will stop.
6. I have had to warranty 4 sets of white heads and 3 of the other color heads.
7. On last print it goes back and forth curing for like 15 minutes, why? Who knows lol

Just a few stuff. When it is having a good day the machine kicks ass but it’s such a time bandit to get it going. It’s just a bad machine and I hope this replacement is better but I don’t have high hopes as there is tons of people that bought the 700w have had these problems and more.

parrott

I know the Colorado seems high but if you finance it, it’s a low monthly payment. Well worth the money as it is a work horse. No heat up, cool down, replacing heads, etc. Replaced our latex with it and could not be happier. HP is complete trash and their service is even worse.