Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

roland versa works

Discussion in 'Roland' started by graphix, Dec 19, 2010.

1. graphix

graphix Member

Dec 15, 2005
    Ohio
    hello are these settings right for just normal printing?
    thanks

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Mainframe

Mainframe Very Active Member

I like "sign & display", I get nicer blacks & colors, I think it uses more ink but I charge for prints so it's not really not an issue. Print a couple of jobs out using the different settings & see what works for you. Some people make their own profiles, this may also work for you.

3. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
    I've always used PrePress U.S. but recently switched to using Sign & Display and I agree, the color is much more prominent. I'd go that route for the best result. It does use a slight amount more in the ink but if you're charging appropriately you wont even feel it.

4. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    I think Sign & Display vs PrePress U.S. depends on who you are printing for. Ad agencies and those who insist on accurate color will want the output you get using the Prepress setting. For banners or signs that just need to be bright and colorful with no color match, sign & Display is the way to go.

There is no "one-size-fits-all" setting.

5. BALLPARK

BALLPARK Member

Dec 5, 2008
    Radford, VA
    +1 and then some...