Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland VersaArt RA-640

Discussion in 'Roland' started by samphang, Mar 22, 2013.

1. samphang

samphang New Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Hello to everyone out there.

I am using a Roland VersaArt RA-640 for printing stickers and flexi. Recently, I am facing an issue with the machine.

When I give print command the machine displays Scan Motor Error Code: 0040 0040 or Code: 0080 0080

I do not have a clue what is causing this error.

Please somebody help me out to understand the problem and how to mend it.

Thanks,

Tags:
  2. Banners Signs Etc.

Banners Signs Etc. Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    Welcome from KY

That means you are trying to pull too much weight through the rollers or your feed motor is broken..give me you email and I will send a service manual

Its either that or your carriage motor is straight broke...but I think your roll is too heavy

3. samphang

samphang New Member

Dec 24, 2012
    Thanks for your reply. I think the problem is with feed motor because the error is displayed even when I use a loose vinyl cut out from roll.

I have PM my email id to you.

Thanks,

4. Jack Knight1979

Jack Knight1979 Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Maine
    I've had there error when the carriage is out of sync with the encoder as well. I know it's related to feed, but when things go bad, the printer starts throwing codes. ;)

5. Banners Signs Etc.

Banners Signs Etc. Active Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Kentucky
    ^ on that note clean your encoder strip lol