• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaArt RA-640

samphang

Hello to everyone out there.

I am using a Roland VersaArt RA-640 for printing stickers and flexi. Recently, I am facing an issue with the machine.

When I give print command the machine displays Scan Motor Error Code: 0040 0040 or Code: 0080 0080

I do not have a clue what is causing this error.

Please somebody help me out to understand the problem and how to mend it.

Thanks,

Welcome from KY

That means you are trying to pull too much weight through the rollers or your feed motor is broken..give me you email and I will send a service manual

Its either that or your carriage motor is straight broke...but I think your roll is too heavy

samphang

Thanks for your reply. I think the problem is with feed motor because the error is displayed even when I use a loose vinyl cut out from roll.

I have PM my email id to you.

Thanks,

Jack Knight1979

I've had there error when the carriage is out of sync with the encoder as well. I know it's related to feed, but when things go bad, the printer starts throwing codes. ;)