• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaCam 540i print Image Issue

Mark M

Mark (newbie) here, we have been using this printer for almost a year now with very few issues. We now have a issue when printing on the same vinyl we have used for a year. When printing solids we are getting results that for lack of a better word are blotchy. Print temprature 110, drying temp. 118, same as we've used for months. Image attached. Anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be.

Much Thanks

Attachments

• Blotchy image.jpg
    Blotchy image.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 118

toucan_graphics

I can't say for certain (My experience is limited to the SP300V), but it appears that your print head may need to be cleaned and realigned. I had a similar issue with the 300V and cleaning the heads did the trick. My situation included blotchy solids like what you pictured, and over-spray (random dots) around the fine lines and text. FYI - You probably can't just use the self cleaning option. You may have to manually clean and realign the print heads. Roland is very helpful with talking you through the process if you don't have the maintenance agreement and it is pretty simple on the 300V, but not sure on the 540i.

Mark M

Thank You

We will try realigning the print heads. Coundn't hurt!! I'll let you know if that takes care of it. Thanks for the feedback.

Mark M

GF 6 mil Product 222-54

Yep!! That's what the material is. We like it because it's a little easier to work with for yard signs and other mounted pieces. Any recommendations for another that won't have same problem?