• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm Printing Issues

Tony Rome

I have a Roland SP-540V I have recently been having an issue where I will get random (not too many) specs or places where ink missed (See pics).
Also a new issue is these streaks (see other pic).
Don't be concerned about the banding this was on high speed just to test it.
The banding is hardly noticeable on Standard speed.

Attachments

• 20181010_093509.jpg
    20181010_093509.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 455
  • 20181010_094345.jpg
    20181010_094345.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 413
  • 20181010_094416.jpg
    20181010_094416.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 402
  • 20181010_100729.jpg
    20181010_100729.jpg
    457.7 KB · Views: 405

player

Black looks pretty deflected. Head strike at some point?

Have you ever changed the dampers? If they are clogged they can restrict the ink flow. If changing them yourself be very careful to pull 100% straight up and do not twist as the stem (carburetor) will crack or break easily.

Is your printer level? Caps new? Have you clean/replaced the scraper behind the wipers? Are the ink carts almost empty?

Tony Rome

Black looks pretty deflected. Head strike at some point?

Have you ever changed the dampers? If they are clogged they can restrict the ink flow. If changing them yourself be very careful to pull 100% straight up and do not twist as the stem (carburetor) will crack or break easily.

Is your printer level? Caps new? Have you clean/replaced the scraper behind the wipers? Are the ink carts almost empty?
I have changed the dampers about two years ago. Printer is level, Caps probably need replaced, guess I will replace dampers new caps and see what happens. Thanks.

dar_trin

Hi my friend,

Can you confirm if the media was resting on something or was touched in that area, causing a bit of grease, resulting the ink to be repelled in those areas. Try storing the media away from anything coming in contact with it prior to printing or you can also wipe thoroughly prior to printing and see if that helps. Concerning the black nozzles, i think if not clogged nozzles, then that could be lack of ink flow or cavitation ( lack of proper seal, excessive air in head). Player is quite right!