• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm Sp 300 printing problems Need help!!

rydods

Member for quite some time.
Hi everyone, I tried to do a search on this topic but couldn't find anything in the time crunch I'm in. I'm in dire need of help.

This morning when I turned my printer on it displayed all of the inks were out which in reality isn't the case so. I re-seated the cartriges and everything was fine but as the day has worn on the print quality has become very blurry whether I use versacamm or flexi the prints are bad. Color is ok. I did a test print and it turned out fine. Can anyone help!!! Please!!!!

rydods

Here is a pic with a graphtec crop mark next to the image. I should also mention that my cut lines are off when I try to contour cut. I cleaned the clear strip that the print head reads and it helped at first but now it's bad again.

Attachments

• 2013-02-06_17-24-46_670[1].jpg
    2013-02-06_17-24-46_670[1].jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 814

rydods

Thanks Scuba,
I had cleaned it with Isopropyl alcohol but apparently not enough. I used a new microfiber cloth and it took several wipe overs until there was no or little dirt residue left on the cloth. Seems to be printing better not. Do you think I should have an encoder strip on hand? I've heard they need to be replaced from time to time.

Bly

Try cleaning it with your ink cleaning solution.
Iso may not get enough ink off.

jacesigns

Same thing happend to me a while back, I just removed the strip completly and then ran it through a microfiber cloth soaked in 90% isopropanol( it's the only stuff that will work) or higher your local pharmacy should have it.

InkjetAuction

Advise

1. DO NOT clean your linear scale/strip with cleaning solution. It's a sure way to destroy it and the reader. DO Isopropyl 70% only.

2. If the problem temporarily goes away, but quickly comes back then you should look at the linear encoder sensor too. It could be dirty, or may be "riding" the strip as opposed to straddling it. Removing it for cleaning and adjusting its position may help. It is possible that it may need to be replaced.

3. Finally, remove the scale to properly inspect and clean it. If the scale is too dirty to clean or is damaged, you may be able to flip it to use the half that sits in the track. It is possible that it may need to be replaced.

Consult your trusted dealer or local technician for assistance with these issues if you are not comfortable or knowledgeable about digging deeper into the printer. It's very easy to damage the printer if you are not experienced in these types of repairs.

~E

sardocs

Also check the pinchrollers. They sometimes get worn and the "tire" part begins to slip sideways on the "wheel" part. I've had my sp300 for about 12 years and twice my cutlines shifted out of position. Both times the pinchrollers were the issue.

truckgraphics

Had the same problem today. My suggestion: After you clean the encoder strip with Isopropyl 70% and a lint free cloth as described here, run an initialize limit procedure. The instructions are on YouTube.

With luck, that will have you up and running.

splizaat

Same problem today with our SP300V....we printed ALL DAY LONG with perfect results. I turned the printer off, turned it back on twenty minutes later and now we're getting this blurry print. We just did the latest versaworks update but it ran fine all day with it and now it wants to print like crap.

It test prints perfect. Anything sent through versaworks blurry...we even tried reprinting art that was printing fine this morning and it's now blurry. We've had this problem ONE time in the past and unplugging the power cable from the printer solved it. This time we're EFFED!!!!

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 923

Robert M

Sp300

shoot me your email and I will send you the tech manual
we have 3.2m generic encoders if you need one.

truckgraphics

One more tip about cleaning the encoder strip...It is easily reached by lifting up the clear cover and you can clean it by simply lifting the cover. However, you can clean it much better by removing the clear cover and the metal cover at the top of the machine. No need to remove the encoder strip, but removing the covers allows you to see it better, locate ink splatter and get a good careful wipe without twisting (damaging) this very fragile part. The five minutes extra work removing the covers can make all the difference!

phototec

Good thread - I make a PDF of threads like this and save them in a special folder (also print out the PDFs and have them in a binder), for quick reference if I encounter any problems with my SP 540V.

How often should you wipe (clean) the encoder strip, so that you don't have the problems mentioned in the treads above?

Is it a good idea to have a spare encoder strip (how many of you have a spare), and where is a good source to purchase one?

:thankyou::signs101:

FrankW

because the linear encoder can be turned its no need to put one on stock until you have done that.