• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm SP-300 printing speed

Jim Hill

For some reason my SP-300 seems to be printing much faster then it ever did and the print quality which was excellent is now poor.

What would make the printing speed change?

Jim

joeshaul

Unsure what you might classify as printing speed, but sometimes I will turn off my heaters for cutting heat transfer vinyl, when doing so, I eliminate a lot of warmup time for the heaters and oftentimes I will forget to re-enable them for a vinyl/banner job. Only problem is the inks need the heat in order to bind to the material, so I end up with a job that starts a lot quicker, but then has tremendous banding and takes longer to cure. The print speed itself in this scenario is unaffected, but the actual warmup time gets cut down by about 5 minutes. So might want to check that.

Other than that, I can't think of anything that would speed up printing but denigrate quality outside of the RIP, unless you might've lost power for a long time and your printer reverted to defaults for bidirectional settings or something, but I've honestly never fooled with the printers options much and do most of my setup in Versaworks except for cut force and heaters. Sometimes I'll forget to specify a media type and will get a lower quality output due to improper profile, but that's something you should be fairly conscious about unless you might've reinstalled or updated your RIP recently (in which case it might've changed some quality settings/defaults on you).

Hope that gives you some ideas to start from!

Jim Hill

I fixed the problem!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reply.

The printer is working perfectly again and the print quality is very good.

The print speed is back to normal and I really must admit I am not sure what caused the problem but I believe it had something to do with the profile I was using for the media.

I installed and uninstalled the drivers and the ColorRip a few times trying to figure what the hell was going on.

A word to the wise think before you decide to reformat your hard drive because it can cause all kinds of crazy issues.

Thanks Jim