• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm SP-300

20231212_174950.jpg

MrDav3C

That doesn't look like typical banding to me, what does your nozzle / test print look like?

The first thing I would look at is the linear encoder strip and try cleaning it with a very soft cloth and either water or isopropyl. See if this changes the problem at all. Normally if it was a bad / dirty encoder strip on my old SP540 the most obvious sign was a shift in printing however on occasion it did affect colour and print quality.

If cleaning doesn't work, you should consider either replacing or flipping the encoder strip around.

It could also be ink starvation, and you may need to replace the cap tops and dampers, be careful doing this as according to my technician on occasion this can cause a crack in the print head.

damonCA21

Agree with above. Do a test print in service mode so we can see how your nozzles are looking ( both the large and small ones ).
It does look more like you have a block of black nozzles missing rather than it being ink starvation or an encoder issue..