• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm SP-540V Prining problem

SLECsign

I just replaced my dampers, wipers, and cap tops in hope to improve my print quality and unclog nozzles.
I am getting no ink flow during my test print besides to yellow (which I just put in a new one at the same time)
Any suggestions on how to get my printer to print again? I do notice that the tubing flowing to the dampers do nothave ink in them like the did previously besides yellow.

Thanks,
SLECsign

madsign25

pull ink by sring

When separate the damper ink back to cartridge you can by sring pull the ink or do medium cleaning from printer menu. must check that damper are filling by ink and the cap are connect to the pump.

SLECsign

I did the medium cleaning and it did not work after doing it a few times. I guess I would have to get a roland cleaning syringe to pull the ink back to the damper.

madsign25

check cap connect

check that cap connect to the pump mybe pump run with out get any ink because there are losing in ink tube.

player

Did you do a cap height routine after installing them?

Get a stethoscope and hook a syringe to the cap tube and draw the syringe. Listen if you can hear air escaping from the caps,or head area in general. Don't pull too hard because you can wreck the head very easily.

Look at the dampers. Are they half full of ink? If not draw on the syringe until they are half full. If you do not draw ink but air you know you have a leak somewhere.

Did you pull straight up when replacing the dampers? Is there ink around the damper and the carburetor (hard plastic tube from head) on the head? The carburetors are very easy to crack or break.

You could also check the pump by putting the intake tube into a container of alcohol or cleaner and see if it is actually pumping any liquids.

SLECsign

Now the printer is saying ink not filled. After I select the correct kind of ink the printer leaks ink onto the floor as it is trying to pump the ink to the dampers and print heads. Thank you for all of the help so far.

Mosh

Bet it is the old style pump, new pump I bet is what you need.

I had a 300v and the pump went bad and ink was leaking....

SLECsign

It looks like it is the pump and my drain bottle is bone dry. Anyway you can skip the ink not filled message when i turn on my machine? I was in service mode and did a test print and got excellent results. When I turn the machine on normally i get "ink not filled" I don't want to waste anymore ink or get it on the floor to resume my jobs.

player

It looks like it is the pump and my drain bottle is bone dry. Anyway you can skip the ink not filled message when i turn on my machine? I was in service mode and did a test print and got excellent results. When I turn the machine on normally i get "ink not filled" I don't want to waste anymore ink or get it on the floor to resume my jobs.

Do you have the newer replacement pump or the 7 year old one they swapped out in 2005?

If it is the new one, it could be the hoses inside. They can be replaced cheaper than a new pump I think.

If you remove the hose from the caps to the pump, and draw on them with a syringe do you get just ink or air (+ink)?

player

The small tube leaving the pump has to go into the bottle. It is easily moved so the ink misses and the printer pisses.

SLECsign

Do you have the newer replacement pump or the 7 year old one they swapped out in 2005?

If it is the new one, it could be the hoses inside. They can be replaced cheaper than a new pump I think.

If you remove the hose from the caps to the pump, and draw on them with a syringe do you get just ink or air (+ink)?

I still have the original pump that came with the machine. Where is the best place to order a syringe at a reasonable cost?

Ok I have the same printer SP-540V and was having issue with it not printing or printing a faint line.

Here is how I fixed it.
  1. Go into Cleaning Mode and clean around the heads with proper swabs and even tho they state to never touch your heads. Lightly clean under then with solution.
  2. Then put some cleaning solution in the caps and clean the wipers. Exit cleaning mode.
  3. After that do a Powerful clean
  4. then check your dampers if there is not a proper amount of INK go to Walmart, Walgreens or online and get a syringe. (For this part a basic 3ml syringe will work)
  5. Remove damper from head and Pull Air/Ink from damper (Do not push air in) after feeding ink turn upside down to let some ink back in damper, then remove and place back.
  6. Also Check line for air with a bright light.
I just did this last week and fixed my problem. I now have 98% print power almost near perfect.

Then even tho cap tops are touching you need to check the seal to make sure its holding. If it isnt clean the line to the pump and you may need to replace pump eventually.

Try this and let me know.

Jtuck