Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland Versacamm SP-540V Printing/Ink problem

Discussion in 'Roland' started by SLECsign, Jul 1, 2013.

1. SLECsign

SLECsign New Member

Jul 1, 2013
    I go to print on Orajet removable vinyl and the finished product appears as if I am running out of ink. I cleaned the printer and the ink heads along with making sure the ink levels are acceptable. All four of my cartridges appear to be full and have fluid in them. I then tried again and got the same result. I cannot seem to figure out what is going on. Attached below are some pictures if that helps out. Thanks!

Attached Files:

Tags:
  2. Banding

You have some major banding issues my friend. Can you please post a photo of your nozzle test (Press the Print Test button).

Are you performing regular maintenance on your printer (manual cleaning, change wipers, etc.)?

~E

3. MrSalumi

MrSalumi Member

Oct 27, 2012
    earth
    Also try cleaning the encoder strip. but that is a lot of banding...

4. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

5. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Welcome from PA.........................

6. SLECsign

SLECsign New Member

Jul 1, 2013
    Print test results

Thanks for all of the help! I have been keeping routine cleaning and maintenance. I also attached a photo of my print test results.

Attached Files:

7. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    OEM or 3rd party ink? If 3rd party there is a raft of things I can tell you.

8. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    Obviously, your cyan channel is missing the majority of the nozzles. The first step is to attempt a couple of normal cleanings, to see if they can be recovered in that manner. If they do no come back, I would:
    1. Replace the four cap tops if they are more than 1 year old. Then run additional cleanings to recover the nozzles.
    2. If that fails, perform a head soak in cleaning solution/ fluid for several hours. Then run additional cleanings to recover the nozzles.

I would expect that if you do these things, you should be able to get them back fairly easily.
    Now your Black (k) channel, that is another story entirely. You have a lot of mis-directed nozzles (deflected) and these are a bugger to clear. TRhe cleanings that often work well with clogged nozzles do not typically work as well with deflected nozzles. Head soak is the first step for this issue.

9. Dakotagrafx

Dakotagrafx Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Michigan
    Question, Do you see a problem with the test print?