• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm SP-540V Printing/Ink problem

SLECsign

I go to print on Orajet removable vinyl and the finished product appears as if I am running out of ink. I cleaned the printer and the ink heads along with making sure the ink levels are acceptable. All four of my cartridges appear to be full and have fluid in them. I then tried again and got the same result. I cannot seem to figure out what is going on. Attached below are some pictures if that helps out. Thanks!

Attachments

• print1.jpg
    print1.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 504

InkjetAuction

Banding

You have some major banding issues my friend. Can you please post a photo of your nozzle test (Press the Print Test button).

Are you performing regular maintenance on your printer (manual cleaning, change wipers, etc.)?

~E

premiercolour

Merchant Member

SLECsign

Print test results

Thanks for all of the help! I have been keeping routine cleaning and maintenance. I also attached a photo of my print test results.

Attachments

• print test.jpg
    print test.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 777
Obviously, your cyan channel is missing the majority of the nozzles. The first step is to attempt a couple of normal cleanings, to see if they can be recovered in that manner. If they do no come back, I would:
1. Replace the four cap tops if they are more than 1 year old. Then run additional cleanings to recover the nozzles.
2. If that fails, perform a head soak in cleaning solution/ fluid for several hours. Then run additional cleanings to recover the nozzles.

I would expect that if you do these things, you should be able to get them back fairly easily.
Now your Black (k) channel, that is another story entirely. You have a lot of mis-directed nozzles (deflected) and these are a bugger to clear. TRhe cleanings that often work well with clogged nozzles do not typically work as well with deflected nozzles. Head soak is the first step for this issue.