• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question ROLAND VERSACAMM SP 540v - replaced encoder strip.

Jeepgirl

Hi everyone. I have just replaced the encoder strip and thought I would clean my printer while it was apart. I cleaned the length of the cable that is attached to the print head that goes back and forth while printing. I have put everything back together again and done a test print. The print is BEAUTIFUL yay! But the cable that is attached to the print head (it has plastic? top and bottom of it is now buckling up and doesn't run smoothly. Have I cleaned too much? Any suggestions? Thank you

damonCA21

The cleaning wouldnt do that, it is more likely you have moved the cable. Try removing it and reseating it inside the plastic guides

Jeepgirl

The plastic guides on either side of the cable kinked while doing the test print - I think I have made them soft :( maybe from the IPA and they aren't staying together.
Oh my encoder strip is all good it is the flexi cable above the encoder.

Mantaworld

If you took the upper and lower plastic protectors off then double check to make sure you have replaced them properly....they do NOT attach to the machine having the ends line up!....they must be staggered. They need to be placed as per the instructions I have included....if you make them the same length....they can bind up when the carriage is moving...have a look at page 3-50

Attachments

• SP540 Flex Cable Change.pdf
    289.6 KB · Views: 56

Jeepgirl

If you took the upper and lower plastic protectors off then double check to make sure you have replaced them properly....they do NOT attach to the machine having the ends line up!....they must be staggered. They need to be placed as per the instructions I have included....if you make them the same length....they can bind up when the carriage is moving...have a look at page 3-50
Thank you will look at that info! :) I didn't take them off I just cleaned them with IPA and I think I softened the plastic... eek.