• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland Versacamm sp300i "pump set open"

Carol Drungil

Our Versacamm sp300i has stopped printing yellow. I am able to draw yellow ink through line feeding into the damper, but as soon as I remove the syringe to reattach the line to the damper, the ink retreats back up the line. An older thread about yellow ink problems advised making sure "the pump is set open" when you do this. I cannot find any explanation on how to set the pump open. Can someone please advise me?

Carol Drungil

Well, I did try that but found I was not drawing any ink at all. Does this suggest that the damper should be replaced? I am trying to start with the easiest steps first. Thanks for your response.

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Make sure the end of the syringe tip is fitting tightly in the bottom of the damper. If you are pulling air, check the O-ring on the ink line above the damper. If you get complete resistance, then a bad damper.

Carol Drungil

Make sure the end of the syringe tip is fitting tightly in the bottom of the damper. If you are pulling air, check the O-ring on the ink line above the damper. If you get complete resistance, then a bad damper.

Thanks again for your input. I'm going to go ahead and order a new damper before I take Roland apart again so I am prepared to replace it if I still can't draw ink through it.

Ultraman

Ultraman
Thanks again for your input. I'm going to go ahead and order a new damper before I take Roland apart again so I am prepared to replace it if I still can't draw ink through it.

Most properly your O-Ring my friend as you getting back flow, it need to sit nicely all the way bottom for full seal and apply some cleaning fluid before doing it. Don't insert or put back your damper into your print head manifold very tightly bcos you will 90% crack or break it without you know, just insert gently and not press hard and it will do the same function.

Jim Hill

Well, I did try that but found I was not drawing any ink at all. Does this suggest that the damper should be replaced? I am trying to start with the easiest steps first. Thanks for your response.

I keep a supply of dampers and cap tops in stock along with a lot of other parts so that when my printer needs one of these items I am not down for very long.
I find many of the things that go wrong with a Roland printer are easy to fix it you just stop and think about what the printer is doing and why it would do that.

Jim Hill