• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm SP300i - SOLVED

Grafaig

Thought I would give you all an update to my Roland Saga. After many attempts at resolving the issue and going over the machine with a fine tooth comb, I finally discovered the problem. When the 'Carriage Separation' issue occurred, the machine had ran over some vinyl that was folded. In doing so, the B/C heads damper must have collided with the Magenta damper and punched a small hole into the thin plastic film so the Magenta was spilling out of the damper and which is why it appeared worse after it sat for awhile as ink would slowly drain out.

Replaced the damper and now she is printing once again, no streaks, lines or other - YAY.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help, much appreciated!

Ultraman

Ultraman
Thought I would give you all an update to my Roland Saga. After many attempts at resolving the issue and going over the machine with a fine tooth comb, I finally discovered the problem. When the 'Carriage Separation' issue occurred, the machine had ran over some vinyl that was folded. In doing so, the B/C heads damper must have collided with the Magenta damper and punched a small hole into the thin plastic film so the Magenta was spilling out of the damper and which is why it appeared worse after it sat for awhile as ink would slowly drain out.

Replaced the damper and now she is printing once again, no streaks, lines or other - YAY.

Thank you all for your suggestions and help, much appreciated!
Haha...first time I heard of that happened (damper collision) and I must say you pretty lucky the ink didn't split into your print head board.

Grafaig

Haha...first time I heard of that happened (damper collision) and I must say you pretty lucky the ink didn't split into your print head board.
There was some ink on the board but I removed the head and cleaned the board. Good think its all pretty much conformal coated or there would have been definitely possible shorts between pins!