Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland Versacamm VP-540 switched to J-STAR ink- Rialto CA

Discussion in 'Roland' started by premiercolour, May 14, 2009.

1. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

Just finished installing bulk system for customer here in Rialto CA. Customer is extremely happy about the result of the ink. Reference is available.

Printer: Roland Versacamm VP-540
    Date: 5/13/09
    Where: Rialto CA
    What: Four liters of ink, four refillable cartridges $360 delivered (Signs101 will enjoy addition 10% discount)

Francis

Tags:
  2. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
    Is this a 3rd party ink?

3. DRamm76

DRamm76 Member

May 17, 2007
    Actually, being that you have similar posts on switching this ink for other models I guess that answers my question...Congrats on helping Roland users void their warranty

4. Biker Scout

Biker Scout Very Active Member

Jan 24, 2008
    Las Vegas
    Can't void the printer's warranty. It's illegal for them to claim that you can do that. Only the parts that come directly in contact with the ink can the manufacturer hold a claim to. Not the entire printer.

AND... hoses, dampers, print heads are all considered consumables, and they can and will fall back on that if those items fail even using OEM inksets. Don't believe me, just ask or read your fine print.

Magnuson-Moss Act:
    http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/edu/pubs/business/adv/bus01.shtm

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    Whats wierd is that site doesnt have a scroll bar (at least not in ie8) heh

6. P Wagner

P Wagner Very Active Member

Aug 16, 2006
    San Diego
    In this case, you are both correct. For the VP series, Roland will void the Second Year warranty in the event that 3rd-party ink is used in the machine. The first year warranty remains in place.

Bob

7. premiercolour

Thank you Biker Scout.

Bob, we are in Chino CA and very close to you. Is it okay for me to come out there and introduce our ink to you? We just installed another VP-540 today. Owner is happy and will be more than happy to be our reference. He's located in Rialto CA.

Francis
    949-209-7306
    sales@fieldcenterusa.com

8. premiercolour

And yes, it is third party ink. No color shifting, it prints as original. No profile is needed.