• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland versacamm vp-540 test print gone bad

vvv123

Hello everyone,
I have a roland vp-540 versacamm. I tried test print and my magenta and yello test print will not print. I did several cleaning. powerfull cleans. tons,
and still nothing. Someone suggested I may have a burnt fuse. Is my heads clogged? Has anybody had this happen to them? here is a picture of my test print.

Attachments

• small test.jpg
    small test.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 470

Sign Works

I'm not the most knowledgable when it comes to inkjet maintenance but I'd say it's possibly time for a new captop. It's possible that the yellow/magenta print head did not get a good seal on the captop for one reason or another, I would start off with a good manual cleaning along with pulling yellow/magenta ink through the head and capping station with a syringe. I do this all the time because my printer has a tendancy to sit idle for weeks at a time.

Tizz

Check your dampers, the filter may be blocked thus no ink flowing through them. When i had my SP540 serviced It was suggested that I atleast run a print every 2nd day even if its just the test print from versaworks. I try and run it every day.

CS-SignSupply

If you have any ink from the Magenta and Yellow being printed, like your test print shows, the head fuses are ok.

As mentioned, replace the captop (might as well do both while you are in there), put some cleaning fluid in the new cap after it is installed, park the heads and raise the caps manually. Then connect a syringe to the exit tube from the captop and gently pull ink through the sytem. If you get air, stop and check to make sure you installed the caps correctly. Once you get Magenta and yellow in the syringe, plug the captop tube back into the pump and power the unit on. Run a Normal Clean and then do a test print.

Still could be dampers. If you replace them, be very careful not to damage the manifold that the damper slides onto... not a fun problem to have.

noregrets

wont be a fuse because you are getting 'some' printing from that head. There are two heads on your printer and the yellow and magenta share a head. Is there ink showing in your dampers?

[edit] sorry the above posts weren't showing when I posted, hence repeating the advice :)