• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaCamm VP-540

RinaBeen

Hello, my name is Tarina and I live in Gothenburg, NE. I am trrying to help my mom fix her printer. We currently have been having problems with our Roland and the print looks like its streaks through in our prints, we always make sure our heads our clean and have had no problems until now. We have changed the calibration, scraper, wipers and we're getting ready to change the caps. If this doesn't work we are leaning towards changing the head. I have concerns on how to take it out and install the new one. Any ideas or help would be great! Thank you

Mosh

Can you put up a pic of a print and a fire off a test print to see how the heads are firing.
Have you changed the caps before? What about dampers?

RinaBeen

Can you put up a pic of a print and a fire off a test print to see how the heads are firing.
Have you changed the caps before? What about dampers?
We have done a test print and there are spaces in our black head but the other heads look great. We just changed the caps, it worked great. Never done dampners, curious about how that works?? Here is a couple pictures. IMG_20131213_102001_412.jpg ResizedImage_1386952787837.jpg

RinaBeen

Welcome from PA.....................

Hello Gino, I had thought it was an enocoder strip too, but I really think its the head. I am looking for someone to guide me the right way on what I should do, it is just the black head I would want to replace and i'm curious if that would be easy to replace myself and if there are any particular steps to take when I install it?

RinaBeen

Different model but same process.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DbAJisIKneY

Are you using the correct profiles? That test print looks good, I don't think it is a head problem.

Call the tech at Midwest Sign Supply in Omaha, he had gotten me out of a few jams.

Yeah we have been using the correct profiles. Thank you Mosh I will look in to that. I would hate to spend money on a new head if that isn't the problem.I took a better pic of the black head because the one I uploaded earlier is blurry. HEAD.jpg

Mosh

On my oldest printer (7 years old) the black looks way worse than that and it still gets good prints....

RinaBeen

On my oldest printer (7 years old) the black looks way worse than that and it still gets good prints....
We bought this one in 2007, and this is the first time anything like this has happened. We have a few other things we are gonna try we have a scraper and a few other things to try, if it doesn't work I will give them a call. Do you have a technician you prefer?

Mosh

You had never changed dampers or caps in that whole time????

I think the tech's name is Randy, there is only one tech there.

RinaBeen

You had never changed dampers or caps in that whole time????

I think the tech's name is Randy, there is only one tech there.

yes never have once. We asked the tech from Denco why he had never told us this! we clean the heads and wipers frequently. Thank you for the information once again Mosh.

Gene@mpls

This may be a totally separate thing but when you have the cover off over the heads- if you look at the mechanism that allows the head carriage to slide up and down
you will see a spring plate that is supposed to keep the carriage flat against the back of the larger carriage that it rides on. On mine the spring plate had deformed/relaxed
enough so the head carriage was no longer parallel to the print surface. Not too hard to take out and re-tension- made a world of difference to our prints. Just a thought. Gene

PS- ours is a 2008 with a ton of miles on it.

RinaBeen

This may be a totally separate thing but when you have the cover off over the heads- if you look at the mechanism that allows the head carriage to slide up and down
you will see a spring plate that is supposed to keep the carriage flat against the back of the larger carriage that it rides on. On mine the spring plate had deformed/relaxed
enough so the head carriage was no longer parallel to the print surface. Not too hard to take out and re-tension- made a world of difference to our prints. Just a thought. Gene

PS- ours is a 2008 with a ton of miles on it.

Do I have to have my machine in a certain mode before I take the cover off the heads?? in the cleaning mode ??