• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaCAMM (White ==> CMYKLmLcMt)

Unitedhbn

I have a question regarding laying down white ink under metallic silver. It appears that there's many ways do to this.

However some of the methods I have read in the Roland forums don't appear to work. If you use the setting in VersaWorks
such as white ==> CMYKLmLcMt it lays down the white ink first without waiting for it to dry and proceeds to print CMYKLmLcMt on top of it. I'm not sure if this creates a good looking print??

Some users recommend using the "return to origin method" in VersaWorks to pull this off instead of using the setting in VersaWorks described above. Some say that the white backgrounds should dry at least 15 minute before laying down anything on top of it.

My question is how do you pull this off if you plan to laminate the print and need registration marks printed?
This doesn't seem to work if you use the "return to origin method" with registration marks.

Also I assume that metallic ink looks best when you put a white layer behind it. I'm printing this on clear cal vinyl.

I'm hoping other VersaCAMM VS owners or any Roland printer with white/metallic ink can give me a few tips on how to do this the right way.

Last edited: