• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versacamm

Justin

Hey,

I'm kind of curious about this Roland VersaCamm I seen at this old sign shop..

I know its a Roland Versacamm, but it took cartridges? It had rolls of vinyl about .5", or 1/4" and when you lifted the front lid up it had a row of 8 to 12 different cartridges you could put in it at once, and when it when back, and forth printing it would roll out different cartridges kind of like an old tape player..
It seems like it printed vinyl..

Any of you know anything about this? They expensive? Is it a full color printer? Can you still buy cartridges?

CS-SignSupply-TT

Roland ColorCamm!

Hey,

I'm kind of curious about this Roland VersaCamm I seen at this old sign shop..

I know its a Roland Versacamm, but it took cartridges? It had rolls of vinyl about .5", or 1/4" and when you lifted the front lid up it had a row of 8 to 12 different cartridges you could put in it at once, and when it when back, and forth printing it would roll out different cartridges kind of like an old tape player..
It seems like it printed vinyl..

Any of you know anything about this? They expensive? Is it a full color printer? Can you still buy cartridges?

This printer was Roland's answer to the GERBER EDGE. As previously noted, the ribbon delivery system is very expensive. Given the printing technology changes, developments, and improvements since the late 90's, I would encourage to look at a solvent, latex, or UV printer, depending on your core business.

Pat Whatley

BOAT ANCHOR

The ColorScam was expensive to use, unreliable, tech support was atrocious, painfully slow when it did work. Just another reason ROLAND SUCKS. If you can get it for free it might be worth playing with....if they try to sell it to you for any amount then slap them. Hard.

Justin

Well the guy owes me for past wages, and I won my small claims case so I was thinking of putting an attachment on it, but I may just put an attachment on his cutter, or something.. I know he has a older model sign warehouse cutter.. Thanks for the answers!

CS-SignSupply-TT

great name!

BOAT ANCHOR

The ColorScam was expensive to use, unreliable, tech support was atrocious, painfully slow when it did work. Just another reason ROLAND SUCKS. If you can get it for free it might be worth playing with....if they try to sell it to you for any amount then slap them. Hard.

COLORSCAM, what a great name for a product who's time has come and gone

401Graphics

I picked up a broken pc600 for free a couple years ago. Took me 10 min to fix as it was just a loose ribbon cable inside. Used it once and seen how much it sucks. Sold it for $1600 on ebay.

Sign Works

You'all oughta really let that go, long term harbored resentments can eat away at one's very own soul. :frustrated:

On the other hand my PC-600 still works wonderfully, proving to be a very profitable piece of equipement for me over the past 10+ years, might I add "without any servicing whatsoever". Just printed a 2K order yesterday that cannot be produced on my solvent inkjet printer. Oh and as for the "way too expensive" comments I believe Edge users such as Fred still have no difficulty getting $20-$35 psf for speciality thermal resin prints, nor do I for prints off my ColorScam. Not to mention the fact I purchased hundreds of Roland ribbons for $2-$3 each off ebay so my print cost is minimal compared to retail value of the finished product. I will happily keep using my PC-600 until the day it dies, why wouldn't I. :thumb: