• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VersaUV prints yellow stripe on all

RolexCsabi

Hi there. I'm new on this forum so i'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question.
So, i have a Roland VersaUV LEC-330 which (after a power blackout) prints yellow stripes as you can see on the picture i've attached.
Had anyone encounter this issue? Perhaps a solution? :)
Many thanks is advance

Attachments

• 368555059_1340903793212824_8959419480578832982_n.jpg
    368555059_1340903793212824_8959419480578832982_n.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 120

damonCA21

Your yellow head is getting a faulty signal not telling it when to turn off. Normally this is a blown transistor on the main board ( these control the on and off signals to the head ). The other cause could be a fault print carriage board.
Sometimes it can be down to a faulty head cable, but with the power outage I am guessing it had a surge so the transistor is the most obvious candidate. If the transistors are fine, it could be other damage to the main board

RolexCsabi

Hey Damon. Thank you for your reply. So, i removed all the cables which makes the connection between head board and the print carriage board (the 36 pins long cables). I cleaned the pins with cleaning solution and now CMYK is printing fine. BUT now it started the white doing the same. In fact, yesterday it was a power blackout. The printer wasn't printing. However, when power came back the printer gone crazy and started to print white stripes on everything. Soon after the yellow started to do the same.
Now, thank God the colours are fine but the white still prints stripes. Check out the picture i attached.
Once again thank you

Attachments

• whitestripe.jpg
    whitestripe.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 58

damonCA21

Never use cleaning solution on the cables as it can eat into them and cause shorts. If you do need to clean them, just use acetone and make sure they are totally dry before fitting them back.

Did you replace the cables to the same places you took them off from? if one cable is bad then you may have swapped that one over to the white head. Try swapping the white head cable with one of the other heads and see if the fault moves to that colour. If it does then you know you have a bad cable

damonCA21

It is hard when you get faults that come and go. It could be something failing that works sometimes and not others. I would still check all the transistors as well just to make sure they are ok. You can get faults that happen sometimes with them but not others

RolexCsabi

Well... i just checked all the transistors. They're all fine. I switched the cables (white to black) and funny thing, it's the same result, it prints the same.
This makes me believe that perhaps the printing head itself may be damaged... i will remove the printing head, switch it with the glow print head and see if it will works.

damonCA21

It could be the head has a short on it somewhere. When you remove it check all around the cable slots to make sure there is no ink or anything has got into them. If you get the same result with the other head then it points to a problem with one of the boards

RolexCsabi

More precisely i connected the black cables (the two cables which comes from the print carriage board and goes right in the printing head) and connected them to the white print head. Even so the print was the same, which lead me to the conclusion that the problem is after the print carriage board. :)

RolexCsabi

Lol. Turned out the glow printing head is also damaged... frankly, i've never used glow before on printings. Now, i have to borrow a working print head and see if this is the problem. I don't want to unmount on of my CMYK print head and try with it cause i don't want to bother working print heads!