Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland Versaworks 3.3.0 NESTING

Discussion in 'RIP Software & Color Management' started by Sticky Signs, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Sticky Signs

Sticky Signs Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    Ok, so I'm using the latest version of Versaworks and I've noticed that when nesting, I often get images overlapping one-another. I keep hitting the "re-arrange tiles" and it either gives me an inefficient layout or overlaps certain images. Is anyone else having this problem? Is there a way to fix it?
    Thanks
    D

Tags:
  2. Bigdawg

Bigdawg Just Me

Jun 8, 2005
    Sunny Florida
    I get that once in a while - usually when I change the quantity of one of the nested images. Try flipping one of the images or closing and reopening the nested file...

3. Sticky Signs

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    I've tried everything I can think of. Usually you get about 3 options when using the "rearrange" button. 2 of the options end up with overlapping images. The 3rd option doesn't overlap anything but places the images in a way that is just a waist of media. I can manually arrange tiles however this takes time. VW never did this before. The weird thing is, I can't overlap images even if I try to do it manually so why is the software doing this now?

4. 858Graphics

858Graphics www.858graphics.com

Apr 4, 2009
    san diego
    I have noticed this as well! I usually just lower the qty to 1 then back to the correct number or hit cancel and retry and it seems to work.....

5. Sticky Signs

Nov 9, 2009
    Vancouver
    Thanks for the advice, Tried it but unfortunately I get the same result.

6. cobo_design

cobo_design Imaginative art ga

Oct 13, 2009
    Sugar Hill
    HI i have the same problem, and when i place a new file the software show error then close!!! this version of versaworks doesn't work good!!!,