Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland Versaworks Error for USB DONGLE

Discussion in 'Roland' started by Moshtagh, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Moshtagh

Moshtagh New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I have a sj-740 printer and I used to work with colorrip software.now I buy Roland versawork with usb dongle but the sftware didn't find my printer
    what should I do ?!
    I can ping my printer in windows 7 but the software can't find it
    please help me
    thank you

Tags:
  2. Dakotagrafx

Dakotagrafx Member

Jan 6, 2011
    Michigan
    sj740

isn't that one of the printers the dongle is tied to the particular printer like the old fj540 I started with - if so was that versaworks ordered from roland for that particular printer? . . . .did you install the sentinal drivers for that dongle if so?

3. mark-s

mark-s Active Member

May 11, 2005
    SoCal
    There should be a # on the dongle go to sentinals site and down load driver.

mark-s

4. Kev41

Kev41 Member

Mar 30, 2007
  5. Moshtagh

Moshtagh New Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I used Net-tool for IP and the program find my printer , but Versaworks didn't find the printer.it shows this error
    "cannot find the information for the device detected.Please make sure the software supports this device."
    where can I download this sentinal driver?!

thanks alot my friends

6. premiercolour

premiercolour Sales and services from S. California

None of my two XC540 uses dongle from Versaworks. Nor some of of SP540i, VP540, SP300V, VS640.

Setup versa works accordingly, make sure the ip address matches from the printer matches to the IP on versawork. I used ethernet cable directly from computer to printer. Just make sure both equipment are functioning as it should; then figure out network i suppose.