• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VersaWorks printer not connected even though it is connected (VersaWorks Windows 11)

netsol

great!
i know in flexi it takes next to nothing to lose communication
doing a test print from front panel & not doing setup AGAIN for instance

netsol

most networks use 192.168.1.device ip. what ip address is the network. That's where I would start.
there are 4 ip ranges that are NON-ROUTABLE (meaning they do not exist ON THE INTERNET [meaning they have not been SOLD to someone by a registrar])

one of my larger clients had their internal network setup as 194.44.22.xxx since the early 1980's
in 2006 we finally had to resubnet them when some ukranian companies started purchasing that range of ip's for their webites

THE PROBLEM THIS CAUSES is that your router gets all f**ked up when it queries an ip range and the reply is WHICH ONE, the external on, on the internet, or the one oon your internal network

this was only a problem for companies running unix or that sort of thing THAT PRE-DATED THE INTERNET

SO, you should stick to 192.168.SOMETHING for simplicity the other 3 non routables are often used by cable companies, who use the other ranges & TRUTHFULLY UNDERSTAND LESS ABOUT ACTUAL NETWORKING than a bystander who just happens to be walking by

cornholio

In the "olden times" you needed to use a crossed/crossover cable, when connecting two network cards directly. (Not over a switch/hub)
Nowadays the network cards should cross the mines themself, when the recognise a direct connection.