• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland/Versaworks weirdness

PixelGrafix

I have been using my versacamm with versaworks just fine - till today - there is one ripped job in queue that i can click print and it does just that. When I add a new job, it comes into the window, when i try to edit the setup, i get a message that Windows has detected a problem and will try to fix it - well, that was about 5 hours ago - i tried reinstalling my software and all previous jobs had a blue trashcan to the left of the name. i was able to trash them. The one file that's ripped, didn't have a trash can and is still there and i can still print that job. But it will not allow me to add another job.

I am USB connected and it says in Versaworks, the Roland and Versaworks are connected.

I also saw something weird on my desktop this morning - it was an icon of a parrot coPeck.exe. From investigating, I think it has to do with Versaworks. I don't recall seeing that before and don't know how it got to my desktop - this may have something to do with it.

I'm afraid, i'm not very techy PCwise - so any direction is greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help offered.

Mary

PixelGrafix

is it possible that a virus could have come in through the internet? we don't have email on that computer? I thought virus problems occurred with email. (i'm a mac head)
thanks.

player

is it possible that a virus could have come in through the internet? we don't have email on that computer? I thought virus problems occurred with email. (i'm a mac head)
thanks.

Not so much a virus as malware or too many tracking cookies etc. SASW will at least check and clear anything up.

player

Thank you i'll check in the morning :(

If you get the free SASW just do the free one, not the 30 day trial. That way it is always free. If you want to pay, it is a good program, the paid version will stop the stuff from getting there in the first place. It may not be your problem, but it is a good thing to check anyway.

netsol

maybe malwarebytes

l once used superantispyware but have used malwarebytes for several years. it will do a better job, i think.

i have seen co peck mentioned on this forum before. i believe it is a utility. i have no experience with it, however.

perhaps you want to use system restore to go back. a few days if no spyware shows up.
pm me if youneed and i will try to assist you.

If you get the free SASW just do the free one, not the 30 day trial. That way it is always free. If you want to pay, it is a good program, the paid version will stop the stuff from getting there in the first place. It may not be your problem, but it is a good thing to check anyway.

player

I find Malwarebytes is good, but also much more aggressive and will clean out stuff and some of it you may want to keep... But I do use both. As far as it being better than SASW I think it is 6 of one, half a dozen of the other.