• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland Versaworks white gradient

niksagkram

Hi all. I have a little dilemma. I have a Corel X6 file that has to be printed onto silver metallic vinyl and then laminated/cut. My problem is, there is a white gradient in the file. When I export the file as a .pdf, I get the white gradient in Versaworks, but lose the cut line. If I change the .pdf compatibility setting to PDF/x-3 I get my cut line back, but lose the white gradient!!? Is there something in the .pdf settings that I am missing? Printing on a VS540.

Thanks,

Mark :thumb:

niksagkram

Normally, I would do that, but exporting as an .eps compresses and flattens the artwork, and I lose the white gradient. From what I've read, pdf is the best way to get the white ink gradient to work.

Dave L.

Possible workaround for a one time thing

Load the file into VW as is (without cutline) then Load file with cutline (Two files in your queue). Arrange them in the same area x-0/y-0 Send the white file to print and select return to origin in the cut tab. After printing, the head will return to the 0/0. Then send the cut job (cut only) The Cutline should line up.

niksagkram

Thanks Dave. I have considered doing that, but I have several hundred to print, laminate, then cut, and I'm not too sure how good the registration will be once I've removed it from the printer to laminate. That is the way I will go if I don't find a solution soon. There MUST be a way to do this. :smile:

Mark