• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VG-640 cutting issues

r_frost2002

Hey. I have a Roland VG-640 and it's cutting oddly. If I batch print stickers and contour cut, it seems to cut accurately at the front right (starting point) of the sheet, but the further left and back it goes the farther it gets off. On a 2ft print, the back left is off by about 1/8 of an inch. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can fix it? Thanks!

Jim Hancock

Old School Technician
Check the condition of your pinch rollers, especially the outer rollers. They are a common cause of media shifting during contour cutting.

rjssigns

Before you drive yourself crazy with cutting issues buy a dedicated plotter. I owned a Roland and cured all my contour cut issues the day my Summa showed up. Granted my Roland was older, but Roland print/cut devices have never been known as the go to for contour cutting.

Bii Emmanuel

Check the condition of pinch rollers while plotting check if the media is sliding.
Also check the offset position setting on the machine.

Kah Hou

Hi, have u managed to solve the issue ?
Hey. I have a Roland VG-640 and it's cutting oddly. If I batch print stickers and contour cut, it seems to cut accurately at the front right (starting point) of the sheet, but the further left and back it goes the farther it gets off. On a 2ft print, the back left is off by about 1/8 of an inch. Does anyone know what causes this and how I can fix it? Thanks!