• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VG-640 TrueVis - Eats Ink like no other

Roland did not buy back my machine, the dealer did, if it was up to Roland I would still be limping through production while they drag their *** coming up with all kinds of possible scenarios why I'm having issues and having me send them hundreds of peck reports.

Kudos to my dealer for stepping up to the plate and making the right decision, dispite Roland refusing.

Same sh*t here, couldn't agree more, except that Japanese Roland headquarters probably never heard of my problem, my issue got stuck in Greece - some king of master dealer for Europe.

Frank Linson

My VG540 goes through a cleaning cycle every time its turned on and that drives me nuts because I have to reboot after every error. I have been getting 2-3 feed/scan errors a day. Also it randomly will pause between jobs and start a cleaning cycle. This could be normal, but it's annoying to me.
I have a 4 month old Roland VG640, after 10 years with a XC540, and baby I've never been more bummed. Roland was told there is a compatibility issue with cast vinyls, to include ink cracking and de-lamination. We encountered the laminate issue on a boat, going by the dealer recommendation of short wait/dry time for laminating. We use 3MIJ180-c and Avery 1105ezrs for print wraps. Evidently Roland was told there is no material warranty for printing on the Tru Vis ink system due to incompatibility. So if your wrap takes a dump and you call your distributor fuming over a $3,000.00 print delamination, you get to eat it! May want to look into it. I am.
Good luck, "buy more ink"!

geckosam

Just wondering if any VG 640 TrueVIS owners have experienced the insane ink consumption. We came back after Christmas holidays and it had filled the waste ink tank. It wants to circulate and dump ink every time you do something remotely interesting in the menu or if it's been sitting for 30'ish minutes.

Anyone else getting similar results?
I'm so disappointed in this machine and we have had issue after issue with it. I'm sick of the machine and just want to push it out the door....
From cutting issues to print quality issues, using stupid amounts of ink cleaning itself. Not being able to use heat press media because the ink wont dry. Head shields hitting the head and damaging the heads. Heater units over heating and not working. And the crop mark issue of not finding the crop marks. Im actually glad to hear that I am not the only one who has a lemon...
I think they rushed this to market and now we the consumer gets to pick up the shortfall.

ApexWraps

Just wondering if any VG 640 TrueVIS owners have experienced the insane ink consumption. We came back after Christmas holidays and it had filled the waste ink tank. It wants to circulate and dump ink every time you do something remotely interesting in the menu or if it's been sitting for 30'ish minutes.

Switch to a third party ink. Jetbest ink is better then oem in our opinion and costs 75 percent less.

Joesignshop

Did the VG640 ever get fixed with ink consumption?