• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Suggestions Roland vg3-540 vs Mutoh 1341sr pro Print Quality

nimonogi

Hello,

I am considering changing my Mimaki cjv-150 for a better print quality machine on fine print details.

I am overall satisfied with my machine but since I mostly print small size stickers/product labels it lucks of quality in fine details.

I am between Roland vg3-540 and Mutoh 1341sr pro.
Anyone have experience or can provide more details in regards to the print quality, especially in fine details, of those machines.

Thank you.

Joseph44708

I Drink And I Know Things
The Roland would be my choice.
I have two Roland XR-640 which are work horses and just got the new VG3-540 last week and it is performing Great.
You'll be very happy.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Both machines you're looking at should print fine details better than your current model. Just keep in mind that it could be profile settings and alignments that are holding you back from printing fine details as well. I have a customer who runs 2 of those CJV150s to make small labels with barcodes on them and it works well but he has to use the slower motor speed, high resolution profile, and has the head alignments spot on. The newer models you're looking at should be able to do that just at faster speeds.

nimonogi

Both machines you're looking at should print fine details better than your current model. Just keep in mind that it could be profile settings and alignments that are holding you back from printing fine details as well. I have a customer who runs 2 of those CJV150s to make small labels with barcodes on them and it works well but he has to use the slower motor speed, high resolution profile, and has the head alignments spot on. The newer models you're looking at should be able to do that just at faster speeds.
Sport on... alignment was my big issue actually! I spend my Sunday reading and testing and indeed my drop. pos. needed corrections.

Do you also have any suggestion on heater settings? I was running for a long time 36/35/45 but as I can read mimaki suggests 35/35/35 (I might be wrong). I am mostly using Avery 3000 HOP with SS21 inks.