• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Roland VG540/640 TR-2 Ink Upgrade

If you are being told that the ink conversion to TR-1 upgrade and Firmware and Software are end user friendly, think again! Unless you are a trained technician, that not happening! I know I am not a tech so I paid to have a Roland tech do the upgrade.. Money well spent! Not only do they know what they are doing, they don't leave until everything is perfect.. I am very happy with the upgrade, even though Roland is forcing it on ALL TrueVis TR-1 ink machines owners @ $759 + Tech!. You will also take a loss on the unused TR-1 inks, Which I am Selling if anyone is interested in stocking up and holding off on the conversion (upgrade). Thanks

White Haus

Not a Newbie
Yet another reason why I wouldn't buy a new Roland. I'd be pissed to be forced into something like that, obviously it's to correct something that should have been solved before going to market. Yay beta testers!

Well what they did was wrong! No doubt.. I used Roland print and cuts for 14 years. This has never happened, but i wont forget it, and I gave Roland an earful !! Don't know that I would say Never Again! I never say Never.. The tech was talking up UV Mimaki P&C.. Not now.. I have a brand new printer now with the upgrade and the colors are Excellent!

White Haus

Not a Newbie
The tech was talking up UV Mimaki P&C.. Not now..

Totally different animals.

We have a Soljet 4 and a Mimaki UCJV 300-160 and I would never compare the two. Both good machines, just very different.

Glad you saw some improvements and got some value out of your forced upgrade though!

Russ Aubertin

I was told it was difficult by a tech but I had already spent too much on other repairs so; I did it myself. As long as you follow directions and do it in order it isn't difficult and the end result solved some other issues I was having. I too have some unused TR1 to sell.

I was told it was difficult by a tech but I had already spent too much on other repairs so; I did it myself. As long as you follow directions and do it in order it isn't difficult and the end result solved some other issues I was having. I too have some unused TR1 to sell.

I did have some other issues as well that was resolve. I also had him replaced the End Caps. If you TR1’s are not opened you can return them if you have a good company the will work with you. I had 4 that i was going to return,but i got a large order and then bus started picking up before i did the upgrade. There went $460 in returns. You can write them off anyway.