• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VG540 Ink configuration

Sign Depot

I'm placing an order for a new Roland VG540 printer/cutter tomorrow and I'm having trouble deciding what ink setup to order. It's offered in double CMYK or CMYK, LM, LC, LB, M. I will be using it to print vehicle graphics, general interior and exterior signs, banners and some canvas prints. From what I understand it slows the print speed considerably when you have the setup with the light colors but it is still plenty fast for what I do. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

tim99

I'm placing an order for a new Roland VG540 printer/cutter tomorrow and I'm having trouble deciding what ink setup to order. It's offered in double CMYK or CMYK, LM, LC, LB, M. I will be using it to print vehicle graphics, general interior and exterior signs, banners and some canvas prints. From what I understand it slows the print speed considerably when you have the setup with the light colors but it is still plenty fast for what I do. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

thats hard saying, Im running Double CMYK and love it just for the print speeds as well as i dont have to keep in stock so many different colors of ink. that being said i seen the printers with the light color setups and the prints look awesome. what i would say is ask yourself how often you would really use the full effect of the extra colors. think of the designs you do. Mainly vectors? then Double cmyk, mainly raster then add in the light colors.

Sign Depot

Thank you for your advise I'm going to order the one with the additional light colors. How long have you had your machine and how do you like it so far.

tim99