• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VP 300 problem after pint head changed

petit

Hello guys,

I own a VP 300 and last morning the magenta and yellow head wouln't fire any ink.
As we have had power cuts 2 days before i 've conclued to broken print heads so decided to replace both.
But after replace the yellow one and tried a TEST PRINT, black and blue ink came out from the yellow print head just been replaced:(
Any ideas from where the problem comes? see print test picture added
thks

Attachments

• test-print-problem-vp300.jpg
    test-print-problem-vp300.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 340

SignEx

Also might check ends of head cables to make sure you have not damaged connectors, It only takes a small amount of damage to cause problems,

FrankW

Have you replaced the head yourself? Could it be that, after replacing, you haven't filled the head with ink? How the damper looks like, or the tubes? Are there ink in it?

petit

Test the fuses on the main board first. One fuse protects two heads. The one protecting Y and K may be open.
Fuse seems a little bit old, i've ordered new ones, will be here at the end of the week and then make some test with new ones Thanks;

petit

Have you replaced the head yourself? Could it be that, after replacing, you haven't filled the head with ink? How the damper looks like, or the tubes? Are there ink in it?
Head has been replaced ussing service mode including filling head with ink action so yes there is yellow ink in dampers.

Alistair1

Fuse seems a little bit old, i've ordered new ones, will be here at the end of the week and then make some test with new ones Thanks;

It is better to test the fuses to see which, if any are open. Do you have a multi-meter? But regardless, it is no use replacing a fuse unless you have addressed the reason it has blown.

If you replaced the heads yourself and it is the first time you have done this, it is quite possible that you either have spilled some ink onto or into a ribbon cable connection or you have damaged a cable when inserting it into its terminal. First do as SignEx has suggested above and very carefully check every cable you removed when replacing the head. Check it for damage and for ink spillage. You need to get a good light on it and check it very carefully as damage is hard to see and can be very slight but enough to cause a problem.