• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VP-540 Connection Problems

eesty

Kreative Folientechnik
Hi, again ..

i also got some Problems with the Connection.
Sometimes it works sometimes he break the print.
See the Picture.
10 (4).jpeg 10 (5).jpeg 10 (1).jpeg 10 (2).jpeg 10 (3).jpeg
Last Print - Versaworks say Printing... and my VP-540 now progressing ...
but he still not print.

why does the printer stop differently?

timgo

Graphics Designer
The program can not find the printer port.
Check the port of your printer in your printer's software.

Riethian

Hi, again ..

See the Picture.
View attachment 136563 View attachment 136564 View attachment 136560 View attachment 136561 View attachment 136562
but he still not print.

Hello my friend.
This is a common issue with VP series.. I really tried to find the solution :) The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair boards and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD. Otherwise you should change the mainboard. This not about modem, cable, ip issues etc...

Ugur A.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Ugh, I had an SP540 years ago and had the same problem. $900 later a new main board fixed it. Ethernet would not work.

Hi, again ..

See the Picture.
View attachment 136563 View attachment 136564 View attachment 136560 View attachment 136561 View attachment 136562
but he still not print.

Hello Essty,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance. Have you tried reaching out to your selling/servicing dealer? Typically these issue are due to connection. So, here are some steps to take to help resolve this issue.

1 - verify that your computer is not falling asleep.

To disable automatic Sleep on Windows 10:

1. Open up Power Options in the Control Panel. In Windows 10 you can get there from right clicking on the start menu and going to Power Options.
  2. Click change plan settings next to your current power plan.
  3. Change "Put the computer to sleep" to never.
  4. Click "Save Changes"
2 - Ensure that your network is not the issue. Please connect your the print to your computer directly. Then change your IP addresses on your computer and printer to perform a direction connection.

Video on how to setup the network directly. - produced by Roland DGA

3 - Change Computers and Cables to ensure this issue is not with the printer

If all else fails. You will need to get a hold of your selling/servicing dealer for support. This could be an issue with your printer.

It appears from your post, you are in Germany. Have you contacted Roland in your location? Please see link below:

https://www.rolanddg.de/de-de?region=b0d5473e-1356-4d9d-ad78-30c8736c647c

I am confident they will be able to assist.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA CORP

player

Hello Essty,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance. Have you tried reaching out to your selling/servicing dealer? Typically these issue are due to connection. So, here are some steps to take to help resolve this issue.

1 - verify that your computer is not falling asleep.

To disable automatic Sleep on Windows 10:

1. Open up Power Options in the Control Panel. In Windows 10 you can get there from right clicking on the start menu and going to Power Options.
  2. Click change plan settings next to your current power plan.
  3. Change "Put the computer to sleep" to never.
  4. Click "Save Changes"
2 - Ensure that your network is not the issue. Please connect your the print to your computer directly. Then change your IP addresses on your computer and printer to perform a direction connection.

Video on how to setup the network directly. - produced by Roland DGA

3 - Change Computers and Cables to ensure this issue is not with the printer

If all else fails. You will need to get a hold of your selling/servicing dealer for support. This could be an issue with your printer.

It appears from your post, you are in Germany. Have you contacted Roland in your location? Please see link below:

https://www.rolanddg.de/de-de?region=b0d5473e-1356-4d9d-ad78-30c8736c647c

I am confident they will be able to assist.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
Roland Technical Support
Roland DGA CORP
If all else fails, buy a new board and install it for $3,000-$5,000.

Dan Thomas

I found going back to windows 7 has stopped disconnection half way through print...….. windows 10 conflicts with connections with older machines are troublesome I have found

netsol

Roland tech support was correct, AS FAR AS ITVWRNT

Microsoft has, for years, gone power management crazy

You need to go to device manager>network adapters>choose your active network adapter

Choose properties>power management tab

UNCHECK allow the computer to turn off this device, to save power

This is a setting that should not exist. Strangely, you have to recheck this periodically, since windows update changes this setting back from time to time.

Microsofts programming does not recognize your printing operations as a process that can not be a interfered with. Mcaffee as well as a few other inferior antivirus programs will do the same thing. Unless you define your printer as a being in a "trusted zone" it can shut your process down, in midstream.

truckgraphics

Again, if you can find a local Roland expert, consult with them....

However, it looks like you are using VersaWorks and may not be up to date on your latest firmware.

To update your firmware, go to Edit/Preferences/Roland@Net and select Japan if USA or Germany or other country is greyed out. In the USA, USA is greyed out, but Japan is still up.

Select "Check for Updates and Notify" and your choice of the options provided. I believe I went for all available updates, but that is up to you.

Hopefully this fixes some or all of your issues.

Rick forsey

owner performance
Hello my friend.
This is a common issue with VP series.. I really tried to find the solution :) The problem is ethernet connection chip on the board. You need to find a tech guy who can repair boards and replace a new Realtek ethernet chip. It costs around 200-300 USD. Otherwise you should change the mainboard. This not about modem, cable, ip issues etc...

Ugur A.
Thanks I have the same problem now my machine will not even turn on. I took the main board out and it looks like new no hot spots.

Itsacustomised

Hi, again ..

See the Picture.
but he still not print.

Post in thread 'Network chip Roland VP540'
https://www.signs101.com/threads/network-chip-roland-vp540.162083/post-1618812