• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP-540 - cut force setting question

Bobby H

Arial Sucks.
I've been looking through the documentation on our new Roland VP-540 printer and trying to find some info about cut settings for different kinds of material.

The default setting in the printer works great for basic print/cut operations. But I can't get a clear answer on what force setting works best for prints that are laminated and then fed back into the printer for cutting.

The obvious question for other VP-540 owners out there: what settings are you using to contour cut already laminated prints?

Gene@mpls

3651/3551 with 210/200- 115g
3951 with 290 90g
3951RA with 290 100g
280 (refl) with 290 150g

These are with a 60° blade. To determine the force for your blade settings
I create an .eps of the Summacut test cut (attached) and try them. Gene

Attachments

• Summa test cut.jpg
    Summa test cut.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 171

chopper

with the roland that I use, what I have done is after setting the print back into the machine for cutting process (after lamination) I do a test cut on a spot of the material that will be discarded to make sure that the setting is correct which tends to be about 120 grams of force, and as the blade gets dull I bump it up to 125, or more if I am cutting reflective, then just get a small book or make a file on your computer and keep record of what material and what force you were using, the settings above will get you close but vary from machine to machine, and even from one blade to another, also you need to make sure that you have the setting in the software to allow you to change it on the touch pad or the software will just change the settings back and it will not cut correctly (took a few cuts to figure this out) good luck//chopper

zigns62

I set mine to 90grams and cut twice, takes a bit longer to complete but it works fine. Make sure you have a good blade. It's good to have several blades to changes out on thicker material.
Good luck