• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP-540 Cyan overspray

Sign Works

When my SP-300V was doing this I changed cap-tops, dampers & cleaned encoder strip which did not resolve the problem. New printhead from solventinkjet.com did the trick.

Masfx

Masfx Signs
I would definitely check and make sure the heads aren't raised. We used to run the XC-540 and would run into that from time to time if it wasn't addressed after printing on something thicker.

Also I would do a test of your bi-directional alignment and make sure that everything lines up the way it should. Something to keep in mind there is that there are actually two bi-directional alignment tools, one that can be accessed by anyone and one in service mode and if they are not both addressed, it can sometimes lead to problems that appear to be overspray. A trick to see if that's the problem without actually changing anything in the service menu of your printer is to set something up as a uni-directional print in versaworks to see if that solves the problem.

If none of that works, do a manual cleaning of the heads and captops. Unfortunately this might also be your Cyan head going out...

Hope this helps!
Thank you thank you thank you! I have had this same issue with the overspraying after recently moving to a new place, tried everything from manual cleaning as well as cleaning the encoder strip etc... I completely overlooked the fact that i may have raised the head to lock it in, I now have a crisp print i can sell again! Love this forum 100%