• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland vp 540 expert needed

shirtz

I'm having issues with a vp 540 that has everyone scratching their heads.
Printer will not print gray, it comes out pinkish. The machine is printing head checks and all the service mode checks perfectly. It will print gray from the roland color chart right off the printer directly, but when we print from versaworks the gray is pink.
We have reinstalled versaworks and also tried versaworks on the techs laptop???

Jack Knight1979

I was going to suggest re-initializing VW, but running it off the techs VW with the same results has my head scratching as well.

Have you done a cold reboot of the printer. Unplugged it for few minutes and tried again?

splizaat

Are you printing from PDF??? If so, open in illustrator and try saving as EPS. We had some artwork the other day printing straight Forest GREEN that was supposed to be grey...it was a PDF file that we resaved as EPS and it printed perfect grey just from resaving as another file type.

Bigdawg

Just Me
If you are going pinkish in your grays - I strongly suggest you take one of your prints outside in the sun and look at it again. Go ahead - I'll wait :smile:

Our grays are pinkish inside but turn gray outside in the sun...

Mosh

It is the file and the the profiles...Try a TIFF file. Different file types print differently, some greys are piink, most have a green tint to them. Printing from a tiff file and using the correct media profiles give me the best grey/greys.
AND what BIGDAWG said, stuff looks different outside....

Hope this helps, also do a green/grey search on this site, I think it is the same problem.

Fusion Graphics

Could be the conection between the computer and printer as well. Firewire cable or the actual firewire port in the printer or card on the computer, but if its happened on the techs laptop leads be to believe cable it self or firewire card on printer with the obvious ofcourse using calibrated profiles to your screen, ie what you see on screen you should be able to get within tolerance ofcourse greys are a very hard colour as they a mix of all cmyk and just a percentage of black only always comes out crap. hope thats of help

lazaros

Also check the embeded profile in your artwork... maybe it's not in CMYK mode, and is saved with some other color profile!