• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP-540 Motor Scan Error 0040

fusiongraphix

I currently have been getting a Motor Scan Error 0040.

it is inconsistent, as in it will print 6in and then error or it will print 3ft and then error?

-It always errors out when the printhead reaches the right hand side of the printer where the printing caps are?

-I already cleaned the encoder strip? still errors.

-I already checked the lubrication on the rail and added some white lithium grease. I also seperated the carriages to check the left and right feel of the cutter and printer carriages. They both seem normal? the cutter is harder to move becuase its attached to the belts and the print head moves real free? still errors

- I did a Linear encoder calibration and a linear calibration? still errors

- I also did a limit initialize and still errors!

So my only opinion now, is that its the Scan motor?

I have a tech calling me back to scheldule a appt? but that wont be until next week sometime? plus I have to wait for the scan motor to get shipped?

Can anyone help with any other ideas or is it a pretty solid answer that its the scan motor?

This printer pretty much is 3 years old and has printed non-stop 6-8 hrs a day m-f? so far I only have replaced the Main board and the Black printhead.

Thanks in advance for any help!

tgpros

SSDD. I am having the same issue and have done the same recovery steps

Same issue here. The print head seems to shudder a little while moving but still moves freely whenever I do the limit initilization. Will print for a second or a minute and then stop. Someone please respond before we waste $1000s on tech.

I currently have been getting a Motor Scan Error 0040.

it is inconsistent, as in it will print 6in and then error or it will print 3ft and then error?

-It always errors out when the printhead reaches the right hand side of the printer where the printing caps are?

-I already cleaned the encoder strip? still errors.

-I already checked the lubrication on the rail and added some white lithium grease. I also seperated the carriages to check the left and right feel of the cutter and printer carriages. They both seem normal? the cutter is harder to move becuase its attached to the belts and the print head moves real free? still errors

- I did a Linear encoder calibration and a linear calibration? still errors

- I also did a limit initialize and still errors!

So my only opinion now, is that its the Scan motor?

I have a tech calling me back to scheldule a appt? but that wont be until next week sometime? plus I have to wait for the scan motor to get shipped?

Can anyone help with any other ideas or is it a pretty solid answer that its the scan motor?

This printer pretty much is 3 years old and has printed non-stop 6-8 hrs a day m-f? so far I only have replaced the Main board and the Black printhead.

Thanks in advance for any help!