• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP-540 printing for vehicles? And media type?

AylmerSigns

I have been having a little issue with printing for vehicles. Unfortunately, it is not something I have done many times, and it seems I did not do it right the first times around.

I printed a few graphics (Logos and printed die-cut letters) for vehicles last summer, and now two of my customers came back, due to peeling of the stickers/letters. I am not exactly sure on which material they were printed, but I believe they came from a General Formulation promotional wrap bundle I bought last year. Two of these jobs came back, and the summer is just starting... It doesn't look too good.

I am now using Nazdar ink, if that changed anything. I have no problem whatsoever, with printing with these inks.

What type of media (model too?) would you guys recommend, for printing, and die-cutting, that will be installed in windows of vehicles? Is there any tips, or rules that I must obey to, in order not to get (more) returns, from the new graphics I will be printing and installing this summer?

Thanks again for the wonderful information!

Mosh

Nazdar ink? I use Roland ink in our Roland printer....

I use 3551 orcal and 290 laminate all day every day and have had no issues. Been using this combo for 6-7 years.....you did laminate right?

Or are you contour cutting perf window film? If so, I have not had good luck doing that and in fact will never do it again....

BTW Stickers are adhesive paper, I hope you sold them vinyl graphics?

AylmerSigns

Nazdar ink? I use Roland ink in our Roland printer....

I use 3551 orcal and 290 laminate all day every day and have had no issues. Been using this combo for 6-7 years.....you did laminate right?

Or are you contour cutting perf window film? If so, I have not had good luck doing that and in fact will never do it again....

BTW Stickers are adhesive paper, I hope you sold them vinyl graphics?

Thanks for the information; I've placed an order for these exact products... I was actually looking at the Oracal sheet a while back, and thought about ordering this combo, but wanted confirmation!

I'll be die-cutting the 3551, printed and laminated. Nothing with Window perf (thank God!). I was wondering, if you had any tips/tricks, concerning using this material? Should I let the vinyl stand 24-48 hours once it has been printed, prior to laminating it - and then another delay prior to cutting?

Thank you!

Don't use roland inks...that just silly. We've been using STS inks from Cibersupply for over a year now. As far as third party inks ruining your machine, I can't imagine paying for a tech to come out and fix a solvent machine..they are so simple.

Many will say cast vinyl always for vehicle graphics...others will say cast only for wraps...