• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP-540, Stickers

dlndesign

Hey I am trying to print, cut and then perforate an outside area of vinyl so I can just pop them out and have them look professional. Anyone? Thanks.

B Snyder

In Versaworks its called, appropriately enough, PerfCut. You'll have to read the Flexi manual to learn how it works in your software.

ProColorGraphics

I have used it in versaworks and it works quite well. If you get your downforce set properly, it doesn't hurt it too bad. That is probably the toughest part. You need enough force to get all of the way through, but yet, you don't want them falling off the sheet as it is cutting, because that will mess everything us as well and wreck your cutting strip. My supplier recommended having an extra strip on hand if I was going to do a lot of it.

MichaelAlmand

Blades and strips go fairly quickly takes a bit to mess with pressure settings to make sure its not too deep and not too soft. Works okay have some extra blades and strips on hand.

AlexT

Does it mess up the cutting strip?

Yes it does. For best results you need to change both stip and blade after about 2000 medium sized PerfCut stickers. Otherwise you will get a fuzzy edge on the stickers. Not worth it really. I sub out all die cut stickers.

messmedia

Look, guys, buy a freakin' graphtec! - FC 8000 has a ... hollow stripe (!don't know exact english word!) so U just change the position of UR cuter knife and it goes over that stripe. While it is perfing, it does it over - empty space so U don't kill UR knife or the strip.