Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland VP-540 VS SP-540

Discussion in 'Roland' started by HVSS, Mar 13, 2008.

1. HVSS

HVSS New Member

Aug 21, 2007
    I recently ordered a Roland VersaCAMM VP540 and to my dismay, the SP540 was shipped to my location! Their is an obvious price difference between these two machines but I really am thinking about keeping the SP540. Is the difference in output and operation minimal? A friend of mine has the VP540 and swears by it. Any suggestions or thoughts on the SP???

Thanks!

Tags:
  2. ChiknNutz

ChiknNutz Major Contributor

Apr 18, 2003
    If it were an option when I got my SP540, I would choose the VP...2-yr warranty, increased speed, some better overall features.

3. zmatalucci

zmatalucci Very Active Member

speed is the need,, I would go with the vp.

4. austinmultimedia

austinmultimedia Member

Nov 10, 2007
    VP or XC if able to

but vp indeed!

5. gators2001

gators2001 Member

Jul 30, 2006
    I have the vp love it Speed also the warranty

6. austinmultimedia

austinmultimedia Member

Nov 10, 2007
    I currently have the SP version, and was wanting to upgrade. I still want it to plot, etc... So which should I choose? The VP or XC.

I just bought my plotter 7 months ago, and would like to sell it as well... What could I get for it. It may still have a cuople months warranty when I sell, and what could I get if I sold when it was lets say 3-6 months out of warranty? Great shape! Never had any problems.

Chris