• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP 540i New printer ???

Mohunky

Is yours a VP540i or the original VP-540? The grey control panel would suggest the latter, though I think they may be upgradable which means its possible it is a VP-540i, depends on the history of the machine.

Andy Cricket

go to www.rolanddg.com enter downloads, agree the license, click on colour, enter your model, download latest firmware and latest versaworks update, your machine will then be vp540i. speed and quality is better. happy printing...

DRamm76

What problems did the vp have? I hear more technical support and service questions on the older SP models more than the VP. I hardly get any calls on the VP at all.

pure_media

Love the 540i, though i've been told that icc profiles of vp 540 will crash out the versaworks on the 540i. Is this true? i was told that, so I haven't physically tried it. It's a little difficult to find profiles for the 540i specifically, most profiles i find are 540's.

yahhoo

Can anyone tell me why the Roland vp540i is printing black as 97% black?
have updated Versaworks...updated the firmware...sent a black rectangle as a pdf,Eps....from Illustartor and Coreldraw to Versaworks....to no avail.
Even used several profiles....still no...and YET...printing the roland Color Library "black" chips within Versaworks yield a proper Rich black...??...why?
the machine is 6 months old and has zero drop-out on the jets...I know the machine can do it...just baffled. perhaps Versaworks 4.1 has overwritten the driver file for this particular printer in error? Mike S.

ProColorGraphics

Can anyone tell me why the Roland vp540i is printing black as 97% black?
have updated Versaworks...updated the firmware...sent a black rectangle as a pdf,Eps....from Illustartor and Coreldraw to Versaworks....to no avail.
Even used several profiles....still no...and YET...printing the roland Color Library "black" chips within Versaworks yield a proper Rich black...??...why?
the machine is 6 months old and has zero drop-out on the jets...I know the machine can do it...just baffled. perhaps Versaworks 4.1 has overwritten the driver file for this particular printer in error? Mike S.

That is strange. I know with mine, it I set something at just 100% black in Illy, it prints out 100% black.

CentralSigns

I got the same problem Yahoo. Black isn't black enough. Mine is a 6 mo old SP300i. Big difference between this one and the previous version (Sp300) when printing black. Even had customers come back on that one as well