Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roland VP-540i or Mimaki CJV-130

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Print & Cut Systems' started by lbumbaca, Nov 19, 2009.

1. lbumbaca

lbumbaca Member

Jun 12, 2006
    If any of you fine fine people could give me a hand on which machine to go with. I have a sp 540v looking trade up. i have never had any problems with my roland. Price differance is about $3500.

I thank you in advance

Tags:
  2. The CJV is a little faster printing, but the time you'll wait for the machine to turn on/off the pinchrollers negates the faster printing time. In other words the machinces are close to equal regarding finished/printed job. While having the CJV will eliminate the possibility of the pinchrollers ruining a print during the cut, how many times has your roland done this?

My .02

3. Robert M

Robert M Very Active Member

Jan 23, 2007
    colorado
    Cjv-130

Two things about the Mimaki I like are.
    Available six color printing
    Take up reel is standard and it will reverse. This would allow you to contour cut a whole roll of vinyl without it hitting the floor and sticking together.

4. bossdg

bossdg New Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Go with the Roland