• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Roland VP-540i Print head problem or?

Neko85

my office got Roland VP-540i
but recently the printout always not good,
got streak / blur.
the print head / damper / captop just change 1~2 month ago.
also the magenta always leaking ink,
as this early year the whole print head leak ink while office in holiday,
whole floor cover by ink..

Attachments

• 20181214_111340.jpg
    20181214_111340.jpg
    464.8 KB · Views: 571
  • 20181214_111454.jpg
    20181214_111454.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 526
  • 20181214_105915.jpg
    20181214_105915.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 459
  • 20181213_172656.jpg
    20181213_172656.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 455
  • 20181213_172703.jpg
    20181213_172703.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 580
  • 20181214_111302.jpg
    20181214_111302.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 445

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I can tell the magenta cap top is not an OEM one which is probably what is causing your issue with the ink on the floor. I would swap it for an OEM ASAP. Non-Oem cap tops tend to use cheap absorbent materials which swell up and touch the bottom of the head. This creates a wicking effect that sucks all the ink out of the printer.

As far as the print quality goes, it looks like the heads are very messy. You need to get in there and clean so that the chrome metal around the bottom of the heads is nice and shinny and there is no ink build up on the bottom of the head. The cap tops are probably having a hard time sealing with the head because of this.

klingsdesigns

Looks like the cyan and magenta are different captops then the other two. Them heads like vanderj said are super messy should look like clean metal. Even around the captops need a good cleaning. I am assuming the wiper and scraper need cleaned if everything else is that dirty.

Neko85

how to know the captop is not OEM?
as the captop is what supply by the distributor...even the captop that come with the printer also look same...
also the original captop use for 7-8 year and finally last 2 month change all since the distributor technician say not good already...
as for wiper also just change, last time is 1 side rubber 1 side felt, now is all side rubber..
i forgot to state that we not use original eco sol max ink, but using the third party ciss ink with shelf life of 18 month

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
how to know the captop is not OEM?
as the captop is what supply by the distributor...even the captop that come with the printer also look same...
also the original captop use for 7-8 year and finally last 2 month change all since the distributor technician say not good already...
as for wiper also just change, last time is 1 side rubber 1 side felt, now is all side rubber..
i forgot to state that we not use original eco sol max ink, but using the third party ciss ink with shelf life of 18 month

The reason we know the cap top is not OEM is because the tube is clear. All OEM cap tops have black tubing.

Neko85

oh, for that magenta captop, original is black tubing, but it got blocked so i change the tubing.
also i have clean the printer head, test print, the magenta still have some banding,
if use high quality / uni direction to increase the quality, it ok.
but when print artwork, the banding come out again.
it like after print few centimeter, the magenta nozzle will have some blocked.
also now it also dripping magenta ink while printing...

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
oh, for that magenta captop, original is black tubing, but it got blocked so i change the tubing.
also i have clean the printer head, test print, the magenta still have some banding,
if use high quality / uni direction to increase the quality, it ok.
but when print artwork, the banding come out again.
it like after print few centimeter, the magenta nozzle will have some blocked.
also now it also dripping magenta ink while printing...

That sounds like a failing damper. Any time ink falls out of the head like that it's a sign that the damper is not able to hold ink properly anymore. Also, when it prints fine for a few centimeters and then drops out again, that is another sign of a failing damper. I would start there.

player

Who changed the dampers? Dribbling ink could be a cracked manifold. The manifold is the plastic spigot or stem the damper sits on.

Last edited:

mmcgande

i know im a little late to the post (im new here) but i had this issue too. I had replaced my caps and realized that the magenta cap had stuck down (they are spring loaded) so it wasn't sealing properly and leaking ink. As far as the banding issue, i would say by the pictures you loaded up,your machine needs a very thorough cleaning Especially the Heads and caps. My machine will occasionally start to band and when it does i perform a cleaning and it fixes the problem