• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Roland VP300 Media skews-Need help desperately!!!!

racinron16

I have a roland VP300 and it made prfect cuts till about 7 or 8 months ago. now it continually skews the media. I have cleand the grit rollers heavily and just replaced the outboard pinch roller wheels with new roland OEM pinch rollers and made sure the markings were to the proper direction during installation. still no luck. any ideas???

Davidford7

If you load a single sheet does it skew or is it with a roll loaded.
If it only skews with a roll, check your roll holder in the back for loose attachments, for correct alignment and level.

David

racinron16

It will do the first 2 or three feet on a roll fine. when I do a long image say a side grphics thats detail cut for a car it skews

CS-SignSupply

Make sure the blade is fresh and extended from the nose of the blade holder enough. If not, the nose of the blade holder can run the vinyl while cutting, causing excess friction and influence the tracking of the material.

charlie62

Media skews

I have the same problem with SP540V - have replaced the pinch rollers; I roll the media down and make sure that everything is square. It skews from left to right (the media moves more to the right all the time. So if I cut 4 sets of whatever in the width of the media, the far right is cut perfectly, but the one on the far left is cut skew. Any new ideas, please?:omg:

charlie62

Solution - media skews

After spending a lot of money; a lot of time and having a lot of frustration, we finally found the problem: The casing of the end pinch roller on the left hand side, cracked, and that had the effect that there was less pressure on one side of the media than on the other side. I'll try to load the photos to explain. If you have the same problem, it is best to change both end pinch rollers because I now find that the media skews slightly (but not so badly that I can't print & cut) to the other side because the spring on the left is now tighter that the old one on the right. Sorry, I can't seem to load the photos. If you need to see these, mail me at redspiral.sa@gmail.com (O yes, I have a SP540).